Stacking downrigger with tuna cord or gangion

Has anyone tried making a 15-20 foot tuna cord sure stop downrigger stop so that two releases can be attached for stacking? Any success? I was thinking of doing this with the understanding that there would be bow back from the resistance. Any others try this for I hate the plastic stoppers.

Thanks

Has anyone tried making a 15-20 foot tuna cord sure stop downrigger stop so that two releases can be attached for stacking? Any success? I was thinking of doing this with the understanding that there would be bow back from the resistance. Any others try this for I hate the plastic stoppers.

Thanks
Have you tried just putting three stoppers in a row?

Just put swivels in line in the downrigger cable or braid. You can use a swivel as a stop and another one the appropriate length after that, as the mounting point / stop for your release clip snap location. Then you can do your terminating stop set up 20-30 feet after that.

Thanks
Lighthouse is making them for that they just came out yesterday I believe at chandler. I know forsure the 14’ is for stacking. Haven’t got a chance to get any yet though

I just use the Scotty gripper releases and can put it wherever i want.

At the Big bank last year i saw some big marks around 50 ft cruising around so i stacked a 6" spoon at 40 feet and got 4 fish in the high 20"s in 40 mins on that rod while the other rods were down deeper

I just use the Scotty gripper releases and can put it wherever i want.

At the Big bank last year i saw some big marks around 50 ft cruising around so i stacked a 6" spoon at 40 feet and got 4 fish in the high 20"s in 40 mins on that rod while the other rods were down deeper
the gripper releases are great, I change my stacking separation a fair bit and this makes it very easy. I'm not a fan of creating any more blow back whenever possible.

easy to make gripper releases too....

Yep the clips that grip and don't slide up the line when you need to pop it off are the ticket. Put them anywhere you want them and nothing on the line in the spool to get fouled.

Thanks
I use this method for chum fishing in the fall, it works great. I suspect it would work for sox also. I have not noticed any extra blow back but I'm fishing at between 40, 60 and sometimes 80 feet. Never tried it for springs as I fish way deeper for them.

Thanks

GK, I have a short 4' gangion against the ball as normal. Using braided DR line, I tie a small over hand knot where I want the stop then I made an inline stop at both locations using a bobber stop knot with the gangoin cord. Works like a charm and doesn't move or crack and break.

Thanks
try using small nylon braided (smaller than tuna cord):swivel(acts as a stop) 6' to 2 knots (fix snap 6' with release)-15' to a loop of tuna or mono one to CB the other 6' to a release . works great for stacking

I like tarred black braided seine twine. Not much blowback if you only use one flasher or none. I make 'em about 30 feet for 2 rods and 3 dummies for sockeye.

Attachments

• gangen for stacking.jpg
    gangen for stacking.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 54

Thanks
I have some 30' ones I made for sockeye fishing in 2014. They were great for getting lots of dummies down, worked well. Definitely a little more blowback but trolling slow and relatively shallow it wasn't an issue.

Back