Cow Bay crab thiefs

Probably not crab thiefs. Should say trap thiefs.
Lost 2 traps in the past week but found the floats from 1 trap. The rope hade been cleanly cut right under the float. This happened in Cowichan Bay near Wilcuma/Cherry point Marina area.
Anyone else had issues out that area lately?

I've had traps messed with and stolen in that exact same place recently as last summer.For that reason I now choose to drop my traps further out around Cherry Point area and although the Dungeness aren't as good there at times,My traps don't seem to get
f#%&ed with there.

I've had traps messed with and stolen in that exact same place recently as last summer.For that reason I now choose to drop my traps further out around Cherry Point area and although the Dungeness aren't as good there at times,My traps don't seem to get
f#%&ed with there.
I've considered just that. When I get new traps

Do log booms get pulled through there? Hauled log booms clean up the trap lines in one sweep.
Yes there’s the occasional tow going into the bay that’s headed for the WFP mill but they always take the opposite side to avoid the moored boats on the town side Last summer someone posted pictures of thieves on some of the telephone poles in the townsite They had dark hair and skin and were photographed in an old wooden green clinker built with an old 2 stroke and a brand new ace trap puller Ironically we saw the same boat cruising out of one of the marinas as we were heading out to fish the bluffs and my buddy commented on the fact that that boat looked fishy with the brand new trap puller on it Came back in and both brand new traps were gone and the old rusty one was there but empty Things that make you go hmmmm

Back