Geocaching app

triplenickel

So we’ve started digging into this rabbit hole lately. Got nieces and nephews that are into it now when we get out camping. Any other asylum members have any advice on a good app? Looking for something that can download the maps and still access them outside of service areas.

We do a ton of Geocaching with the kids, lots of fun. Gets us outside hiking around looking for hidden treasures. We are even hiding our own caches now, kids love it.

We use an app I found through the App Store, it's just called Geocaching, second one down when you search, sorry I can't provide the link.

It's fantastic with tons of caches all over the world, we use it on all our travels, as far south as the southern tip of Baja. We upgraded and paid a bit of money so we could access all the caches and also be members so we could hid our own.

It never gets old and you never know what you are going to find.

Happy hunting

Cheers

^^ use the same App. When our kids were young it was a great way to get them out for a walk. There are literally thousands of Geocaches in Victoria. There's one about 200ft from our house and we can see people out searching for it all the time. Some of the best Geocaches are the ones that require you to solve a puzzle to find the cache - some very creative people out there!!! Now that they are mid-teens I miss taking them out to explore like this.

Back