MY APPEAL TO Salt Water FISHERMEN .

I just LOVE how we now embrace the derogatory labels that Regressives have historically put on us.

Some of the most potent names that one could be called 5-10 years ago mean nothing now.
Yes, and if you listen to your kids they use words that our parents would be horrified and tell you that they are only words. The next generation is becoming less interested in correctness, and more interested in outcomes. Think we can all be kinder to one another and try to get along...but back to the thread, which was my comment...political correctness around the "issue" of seal predation and what needs to be done to manage it has to end, otherwise we accept the outcome of what over-population will mean to salmon and other animals that depend on them...in the name of political correctness.

Can the FN do this under the premise of protecting a crucial and ceremonial food source? Thought I’d pose that question as there would be no need for a market of products. Apologies if already brought up.

I’d still put a seal skull on my desk though...

The ceremonies have many drums , skins , rattles , bones , blankets , robes , made from SEAL /SEALION involved throughout.
There is no doubt , Seal and Sea Lion are a HUGE part of Food and Ceremonial purposes.
No Green peace , judge or Politician can over turn it. Unless they open and amend the Constitution.
They are also allowed to cut down Cedar trees for carvings and ART and allowed to sell the ART .
I can,t wait to proudly wear my Seal Skin Vest .
Or have a huge golden Sea Lion Carpet/robe in my ManCave.

The trolling family I know were on the water along with many hundreds more from April 15-October from the 50s to the early 80s.
Most packed guns to take care of following pinipeds looking for an easy meal.
Captain Hook do you think the big spike in numbers is due in part to the big drop in trollers and the very reduced seasons? Or are ocean conditions in California causing mass migrations of sea lions northward?
I don't have a theory for all the seals in the Gulf. Not sure how many of them were ever killed off.

The trolling family I know were on the water along with many hundreds more from April 15-October from the 50s to the early 80s.
Most packed guns to take care of following pinipeds looking for an easy meal.
Captain Hook do you think the big spike in numbers is due in part to the big drop in trollers and the very reduced seasons? Or are ocean conditions in California causing mass migrations of sea lions northward?
I don't have a theory for all the seals in the Gulf. Not sure how many of them were ever killed off.

Good points tubber....
Yes , we used to take care of it ourselves in some areas...
but also the government had a bounty of $5.xx a nose when i was a kid.
Which was a waste of a beautiful animal .
Regardless of there not being a market , it is a valuable product and we only have to change our
ways of thinking to accept wearing or using the skin,meat,bones etc. same as we do a cow or?
I have never seen Sea Lion population explosion such as what we are seeing now ...ever.
And yes, i believe is due to California protection and the population boom down there.
animals followed their nose along the food trail to our coast.
It also coincided with our coast come back of huge schools of Sardines. hmmm???
Lots of safe log booms to sit on and huge schools of herring and anchovies, salmon.
No hunters and protected by Ottawa.

Back