Wanted to Rent? - Boat Trailer for 26ft sedan

hbpaints

Crew Member
Hey Everyone, Bit of a strange request here... (And I apologize up front if this isn't the place to put this request)

So I have a bit of a dilemma, I have a 26ft Sedan style cruiser I need to move from Quesnel to Vancouver Island.
Weights in at 7500lbs dry... Volvo Penta Leg so it will fit on a roller or bunk type trailer.

I bought and paid for a nice new 10,000lb tandem axel trailer but got screwed and the guy(Company) I have the purchase contract with took off with my money and the trailer... go figure... (Yes, I am currently fighting in court to get the money back or the trailer, but so far he is eluding them and me...)

Anyhow... I am moving from Quesnel to Lake Cowichan, and need to move this boat in the next month or so... I have been trying to find a trailer rental place but so far no luck...

I was wondering if anyone on here knew of anyone between Duncan area and Quesnel that would be willing to rent a trailer for a weekend trip? I know it's a hard ask... people don't like getting their stuff back all wrecked... Or even anyone that would be willing to haul it for a reasonable fee? I am willing to pay... just can't afford the rates a commercial hauler charges (again, until I get my cash back)

Or any other suggestions... I'm out almost $6k on the trailer purchase (Thank god I didn't pay him the entire amount) but I can't afford to go drop $10k on a new trailer until I get my original money back...

I'm looking for any ideas... Thanks for any advice ...

Rob.

Hmmm, that's weird... I wonder if I called the right place then... They said they don't rent trailers...

Is there more than one Highliner Trailers?

Thanks in advance...

Rob.

Not sure how much it would cost you to hire a boat moving company

i used there 24 to haul a 27'

I'll definitely try calling them back...

At $110 per hour, minimum $26hour trip, plus ferry costs both ways for a commercial hauler, I'm cheaper finding a boat/trailer combo down here that needs work, scrap the boat and use the trailer... lol

Thanks to everyone for the input and suggestions... I solved my problem...

Bought another boat with a trailer under it... lol

Proud owner of a new to me 28ft Bayliner and EZ-Loader trailer...

Back