Sky rocketing fuel prices

You have to pass it on to your customers, unless your doing it for the love of the game.
Lucky for you , I’m a math whiz! That’s $10 per session in addition. I think most of your clients would understand if you TAC it on (see the word play there?)

Lucky for you , I’m a math whiz! That’s $10 per session in addition. I think most of your clients would understand if you TAC it on (see the word play there?)
Quite tacky! Lol

Any of the kayakers reading this thread are laughing.
I still need to put gas in the truck to get to Flea Beach,Muir or Otter to launch, so I’m not laughing too hard. There is no easy answer to these questions: jobs vs environment. Above all I don’t like being hypocritical so I personally do what I can do reduce my carbon footprint: electric bicycle, electric car and kayak fishing when it’s doable but I still have a truck, power boat and a houseful of possessions that arrived here by combustion motors so I don’t ever point fingers or criticize others for the choices they make or how they feed their families.
T2

I would rather see our processed products be shipped out than just the crude itself. I have never really agreed with shipping it out.
What I would like to say in my rant is that we should be able to find a cleaner way of using the product and provide ourselves as Canadians with a decently priced made at home product.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!-- BTW $1.38.9 today at Courtenay Costco.

I think the anit pipeline protesters are less inclined to protest if the Pipeline was to refine oil in situ.
I agree with Reel Time. We are always sending raw products overseas to be turned into a finished product.
I would rather see our processed products be shipped out than just the crude itself. I have never really agreed with shipping it out.

As these posts and many others on this forum have suggested, there are lots of folks out there that wished we made more finished products from our oil. Unfortunately to do that we would need refineries/upgraders in order to make those products, but again unfortunately there is that"not in my back yard" mentality out there that makes this very unlikely. IMO those that suggests that we wouldn't have the same protest if the pipelines were delivering refined product are frankly kidding themselves. It's been stated before by folks that are much more informed than me, that the time to build these refineries was 15-20 years ago. With the anti oil industry climate we have today it's very unlikely that we will ever see anything new built in Canada which it why the oil sands are pushing to get their product to tide water. So a pipeline with a refined product or a new refinery will draw the same protest as we see with the current proposed pipelines.

If we were serious about our oil industry the Feds and Provincial governments would be encourage the building of refineries in each and every province that relies on imported oil from foreign countries. How would that go over with the "greens" or all of those with the "not in my back yard" mentality?

As these posts and many others on this forum have suggested, there are lots of folks out there that wished we made more finished products from our oil. Unfortunately to do that we would need refineries/upgraders in order to make those products, but again unfortunately there is that"not in my back yard" mentality out there that makes this very unlikely. IMO those that suggests that we wouldn't have the same protest if the pipelines were delivering refined product are frankly kidding themselves. It's been stated before by folks that are much more informed than me, that the time to build these refineries was 15-20 years ago. With the anti oil industry climate we have today it's very unlikely that we will ever see anything new built in Canada which it why the oil sands are pushing to get their product to tide water. So a pipeline with a refined product or a new refinery will draw the same protest as we see with the current proposed pipelines.

If we were serious about our oil industry the Feds and Provincial governments would be encourage the building of refineries in each and every province that relies on imported oil from foreign countries. How would that go over with the "greens" or all of those with the "not in my back yard" mentality?

I thought that the Alberta and B.C. government has already stated that due to the federal governments carbon limits/goals that building a new refinery would push eather province over that limit.

But it’s ok to import refined products?

Where is the logic in that?

Well because the Paris climate accord set targets for countries to meet not all countries are in and some don’t have to make as big cuts as fast like China and Russia.

What I don’t get is people protest LNG plants because it will increase the carbon emissions in BC but we’re going to send it to China where they will use it instead of coal. Thus reducing the worlds emmisions.

The way I look at that is we should get credit not penalized.

The whole system is just f’ed up IMO.

To build a new upgrader or refinery in Western Canada has been debated for twenty or more years. It was never about NIMBY because it was all about economics. The argument goes like this. If it had business case then one of the majors would have built one. If it was to benefit Canadians then it needs government support. So now one has just now come on line in Alberta called Sturgeon. Here is a link to the project.
https://nwrsturgeonrefinery.com/news/project-update-march-2018/

More info.....
http://www.nwrefining.com/

Prices right now are about $1.00 an imperial gallon more than last summer. I burn about 10 gallons on average for each half day trip I do. Do I put on a surcharge/raise rates or take a $1000 hit for every 100 charters I do? Guess I have to think about it.

You have to pass it on to the end user. If you don’t the downstream economic impact is delayed. It’s the only way the Liberal Government will see what impact their added tax impacts will have on key measured metrics like CPI and employment. By not passing it on right away you just delay the inevitable.

Well because the Paris climate accord set targets for countries to meet not all countries are in and some don’t have to make as big cuts as fast like China and Russia.

What I don’t get is people protest LNG plants because it will increase the carbon emissions in BC but we’re going to send it to China where they will use it instead of coal. Thus reducing the worlds emmisions.

There is currently no way to get a credit unless we join China's cap and trade system. We are on the hook for these emissions and as far as I can tell we will be buying carbon credits from other countries for the amount we go over. I'll let you figure out who will pay and why some of us are putting up a fuss.
http://www4.unfccc.int/Submissions/INDC/Published Documents/Canada/1/INDC - Canada - English.pdf

Not sure if you were thinking that I was implying that these refineries, if they were built, would refine foreign oil. That was not my thoughts. We would obviously refine our own oil but that would mean more pipelines and we know how that would go over.

I suspect a lot of the discount guys in area 19/20 will have some thinking to do...

I went on a charter in Hawaii it was 800 usd for 8 hours. Was a decent size boat with twin diesel screws. We trolled at like 8 knots the whole time captain ran the boat and had a mate run all fishing gear.

I have no idea how they made money

Not sure if you were thinking that I was implying that these refineries, if they were built, would refine foreign oil. That was not my thoughts. We would obviously refine our own oil but that would mean more pipelines and we know how that would go over.
I was more talking generally.

I read the other day they were receiving a load of gasoline to Washington state from Korea because of the Cherry point shut down.
That shows we are close to the supply edge to me

We gave up an important part of our sovereignty when we signed onto that god awful Paris Agreement.

What an absolute farce.

The (arbitrary) goals were NEVER going to be met so it’s purely a wealth transfer mechanism.

Why do we keep looking at countries like China as a “developing nation”? Do we keep looking at them like that until they are our overlords?

All I’ve seen is that the alarmists have tied a hand behind our backs with science that is very much still debateable.

Follow the USA and get the hell out of this agreement. Alarmists say “think of the children!” Well I sure do worry about how my children are going to live when this crazy “anti economy” mindset runs it’s cause over the next decade or so.

Back