Any Aluminum boat builders on here?

Bifmalibu

I'm looking to have a boat built in the 20' range. Typical pod, soft top, walk through windshield, recessed bow, welded floor etc, etc. I can't afford a Lifetimer or Silverstreak so going to see about having a boat welded and then take it from there myself for rigging.

Any suggestions would be great....thanks all.

Even when doing as much as possible yourself, the final cost will likely be similar to those boat builders. A friend and I both had welded aluminums built last year with similar plans as you. Mine was 16.5 and his was 20. Both were double the original budget when the dust settled and they were more expensive than if we bought one from a high end brand.

If you want to save costs your best bet is to watch the market and buy a used rig. Might take some time though as there is very little stock and everything is overpriced.

Last edited:
I'm looking to have a boat built in the 20' range. Typical pod, soft top, walk through windshield, recessed bow, welded floor etc, etc. I can't afford a Lifetimer or Silverstreak so going to see about having a boat welded and then take it from there myself for rigging.

Call Curtis Lennox ( Versatile Industries) in Chemainus...He custom builds amazing aluminum boats..he just did custom guard rails for me and could not be happier...

Versatile Marine (Versatile Technologies, inc) in Chemainus. Building boats from 14’-34’.
www.Versatiletech.ca or versatile technologies, inc on Facebook.

Back