Official E-Petition to Government re: Firearms Legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done along with others.

I do think we (honest gun owners) are their real target, they want private ownership gone but understand that a blatant law would get them voted out BUT target legal owners with these stupid onerous BS laws and more people will just give up= they win.

They all (Liberals) cannot be so stupid that they believe these will lower crime. Must be an underlying agenda.

HM

We are ahead of Alberta by ten for the first time.
A little over 11,000 signatures and climbing.

Keep this one going Folks!
Many Thanks for those helping by signing & sharing!

Forward!!!
Nog

Thxs for the link..
Signed!

SIGNED!!!

It's all about taking any kind of power away from others than the Federal way left wing Gov. Whether it's the gun laws against law abiding citizens or making it extremely difficult for businesses in the western provinces to prosper. ie. Alberta.

It's sickening!!

NDP and Libs gotta go!! They are killing this country..

32,000 signatures now.
But what is more interesting to some, is the point spread of where those signatures are coming from.
Not quite what I would have expected...

Ontario in the lead at 9,627 (29 %)

Alberta second (no surprize) at 6730 (21 %)

British Columbia next at 5770 (18 %)

Quebec at 3975 (12.5 %)

Saskatchewan lagging at 1728 (5.5 %)

And the balance trailing behind at less than 5 % of the total in each case.

What surprises me is the leading role of Ontario which is often considered one of the liberal's stongholds, and the showing by Quebec (another somewhat supporter of theirs, and the only province to maintain the failed long gun registry). Not surprised at Alberta and BC's placing so far, the west has generally more firearms owners per capita than most of the east. Saskatchewan is a bit of a mystery though being as far down in this poll as they are. Most I know out there are either farmers, ranchers or hunters / fishermen, and most (by far) are firearms owners.

Anyway, that's where we stack up today. If Trudeau actually thought this purposely deceptive bill was going to save his butt from the current downtrends he is creating in the polls, he appears to have ,missed. By a fairly wide margin that is...

Petition runs until July 26. Anyone care to wager on the numbers when it does??

Cheers,
Nog

Does anyone know what number will be of concern to the Liberals?

Some Liberals have been "concerned" since Day One.
Especially those in rural areas that barely slipped in.

Justin and the rest of the upper echelon wouldn't care if it was 27 million.
Because They Know Better... :confused:

Cheers,
Nog

I have sent a ton of letters and emails concerning this most serious issue (if your a legal firearms owner) great laws for ignorant people, thugs, criminals and gangers. I received only 1 personal response, must hand it to Mr MacGregor for taking the time to respond. He does have a few blatant errors in his response that I responded with clarity and I asked him HOW exactly this will provide tools for public safety. I personally believe that there is nothing that can be done to change the minds of the crazies in power. They have something wrong in their heads, nothing we say, prove or tell them over the years sinks in, same old BS as soon as Liberals take power, its the merry go round I speak of. Attack legal gun owners and let the criminals run amuck, I reminded Mr MacGregor that immediately upon the Liberals taking power one of the first things done was stop the Conservative tough on crime legislation and now we pay terrorists large sums of money. Bill C-71 is a done deal, second reading passed already. Can only wait till 21 Oct 2019, maybe then history will repeat itself. Can't believe so many on here who called me out when JT was elected with statements about him saving our fishing/hunting and outdoor way of life have gone so silent??? I say on record we are far worse now than with Mr Harper. One good thing, I have ordered some early Xmas presents to beat any new regs or registry inbound (its not a registry because JT said so).

Mr MacGregors response;

Thank you for sharing your concerns on C-71.

I will be studying the bill very closely in the coming days and weeks to ensure it meets the basic standard of ensuring the public safety of Canadians. This bill does not bring back the divisive politics and failed policies of the past, and I want to see the legitimate concerns of rural and northern communities addressed while ensuring that police have the tools they need to keep our streets safe without imposing heavy burdens on legal gun owners. I am not looking to make this a wedge issue, as was done by previous Liberal and Conservative governments.

When applying for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL), the current Firearms Act does not prevent reviewing officers from considering the applicant’s history more than 5 years into the past in addition to the legislated 5-year period. This has sparked numerous court challenges which have ultimately decided that it is in the interest of public safety to include considerations beyond 5 years when making a decision. This change provides clarification which will prevent future costly litigation on an issue that has already been ruled upon.

The bill does set out a requirement for basic record keeping by businesses who sell firearms for a minimum of 20 years. This is common practice in many businesses as the information recorded is already asked for from businesses during the PAL verification process and does not require specialized software to keep. This is a tool already in use by US law enforcement to assist with determining the owner of a gun associated with a crime, as American businesses are required to keep their gun sales records indefinitely and has not shown to be financially burdensome.

Another important change that bill C-71 proposes is the requirement to verify the validity of a PAL. This system already exists in Firearms Act and is currently available for use; however, it is being adapted to become mandatory instead of optional. While the current system allows you to complete this process within minutes of speaking to an agent, I am looking for more clarification on how the anticipated increase in requests will be handled to ensure this will have minimal impact on the ease of access while avoiding major spending.

Lastly, I agree with other stakeholders who point out that this legislation is not going to resolve the issue of gang and gun violence; it is one piece of a larger puzzle. The government must tackle the epidemic of young, vulnerable people being recruited into gangs and tackle the issue of gun smuggling at the border as well as domestic theft of guns. Finally, the government should bring back the Police Recruitment Fund which would provide provinces and municipalities with additional law enforcement resources.

My New Democrat colleagues and I believe this bill is a step in the right direction, and we will push for any necessary improvements. I invite you to continue sharing your concerns so that we may better suggest amendments to the bill in order for it to better respect the rights of Canadians to own firearms while improving the tools available to protect public safety.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts on this important legislation.

Sincerely,

Alistair MacGregor,Member of Parliament

Cowichan-Malahat-Langford

Critic for Agriculture and Agri-Food

alistairmacgregor.ca

alistair.macgregor@parl.gc.ca

70,000 and Climbing!!
Makes the the second most signed official petition to government in history!
Let's see if we can it the FIRST!!

Related:

By conflating gang violence with gun violence, Bill C-71 breaks the government’s repeated promises that criminal legislation will rely upon “evidence-based decision making.” Bill C-71 exaggerates the problem with guns by relying upon false assumptions to target law-abiding citizens instead of criminals.

Bill C-71 is a red herring. The real problem, ignored in this bill, is gang violence. Bill C-71 focuses on PAL holders, not violent criminals. Hunters and sport shooters are not the problem. Legal guns are not a major conduit for criminals to get guns. The public is not at risk from law-abiding PAL holders.

The additional regulatory complexity created by Bill C-71 will increase demands upon government services and increase costs to taxpayers. This can only reduce public safety.

http://gundebate.ca/c-71-analysis-s...ee-public-safety-national-security-bill-c-71/

Cheers,
Nog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back