Monitor Winds with Navionics App

I wanted to share a tip for those of you who have the Navionics app. In addition to just maps, you can also monitor tides, wind speed and weather right from the app. The wind feature is pretty cool because it shows speed and direction over the next three hours.

To access it click the weather icon (sun and cloud) on the location you want to monitor.
Screenshot_20180321-091322.png

Then you will see the current weather and below that will be an icon that says wind. From there you will get this picture below that shows the wind over the next three days. You can also click the pull out tab on the upper left to get a key that shows what each arrow color means in terms of wind speeds.

Screenshot_20180321-091331.png

Very Cool! How do you get the tides to show?

Same principle. Just click tides instead of wind and will show the tides for a period of time from the closest tide station to the area you select.

Screenshot_20180321-091209.png

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been using the Navionics app on an old iPad with a Garmin Glo connected to it for a few years. I’ve used the current and tide functions, but I think the wind forecast must be fairly new.

I have the app on my iphone and want to turn off the high detail contour lines (Mine shows up like the fish and chips option, way too many black contour lines). Any idea how to get just the basic contour lines like on the images above?

I really, really wish the BC Fishing App had partnered with Navionics to get their charts, overlay, etc. As others have mentioned, the Navionics app is great. By far the #1 app I'd recommend to anyone boating/fishing in BC.

Which version of the app do you get for B.C. coastal (Boating US & Canada HG), Will mainly be using on a IPad, do you have to buy another one if you also wish to use on Android.?
I have INavX and like, only thing is you have to renew every two years if you want to download more charts or get revisions.

Back