Sushi Night!

Chasin' Dreams

I'm addicted to sushi. So much cheaper than going to a restaurant too when making it homemade.

Today I made Chopped Scallop with masago nigiri, Spot Prawn nigiri, Salmon and Tuna sashimi, and Chopped Scallop, imitation crab meat (I'm out of Dungies and Rock Crab!!), Spot Prawn, Salmon, Tuna, avocado, and masago inside out roll. With Unagi and spicy mayo sauces. mmmmm soooooooo good!!
20180322_164525.jpg

20180322_164337.jpg

20180322_164353.jpg

20180322_161317.jpg

Looks awesome! The prep work takes a while to cut all the random stuff up but you sure can save some dough when you make it at home. It's funny how when you start making your own sushi, you realize you only need like half an avocado, 1/10th of a cucumber, a bit of fish. It's super cheap when you make it yourself, you just need a tiny bit of a lot of ingredients.

Looks awesome! The prep work takes a while to cut all the random stuff up but you sure can save some dough when you make it at home. It's funny how when you start making your own sushi, you realize you only need like half an avocado, 1/10th of a cucumber, a bit of fish. It's super cheap when you make it yourself, you just need a tiny bit of a lot of ingredients.
Ya exactly Corey. I used to prep so much stuff before making it. Now I'm getting used to not having to. This food would have cost around $40 or more in a restaurant but only cost me a few bucks making it at home. And I enjoy making it too. Always looking for more dishe's to try. Love Asian food.

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands, not a sushi guy but it looks really good.
Really doesn't take much time at all. No more time than making any other meal really. Takes longer to wait for the rice to cook than to make the rolls etc.. I enjoy making it too.

looks great, I'm a huge sashimi fan. I do chuckle a bit when I hear how cheap it is to make it at home though, how much does it cost to run out and catch those tuna, buy all the gear to catch those prawns yada yada yada, lol. for those that don't own a boat and go out and spend say $40 minimum and probably closer to $100 for a really good sashimi feed at a good restaurant every week or 2, my bet is that it is waaaay cheaper for them than it is for those of us with boats catching all our own fish, but then they don't have the satisfaction of eating your own catch and the fun and thrill of catching it.

looks great, I'm a huge sashimi fan. I do chuckle a bit when I hear how cheap it is to make it at home though, how much does it cost to run out and catch those tuna, buy all the gear to catch those prawns yada yada yada, lol. for those that don't own a boat and go out and spend say $40 minimum and probably closer to $100 for a really good sashimi feed at a good restaurant every week or 2, my bet is that it is waaaay cheaper for them than it is for those of us with boats catching all our own fish, but then they don't have the satisfaction of eating your own catch and the fun and thrill of catching it.
True but..... I would be out boating and fishing anyway even if I wasn't trying to help stock our food supply up with seafood so it's a win win. Enjoy the outdoors and feed the family with fresh seafood. I have hardly been out for sushi at restaurants in a long time but I do find that if our seafood supply runs low at home I do end up going out for sushi at restaurants. For sure it costs a bundle to go out in our boats and fish but it's money well spent. And keeps us out of trouble lol. We were fortunate to have caught a lot of Albacore last Fall. I have enough vac packed to make sushi/sashimi forever lol but I feed friends and family with it too so will end up probably going again this year. So fun anyway and such a different type of fishery. Same with Salmon for saving money. When you break down a salmon into nice de boned, skinless fillets and vac pack you can make tons and tons of sushi/sashimi etc with. If you broke it down to sushi per piece price you may be pleasantly surprised how much all these fish we catch are worth at restaurant prices. That's why when I go fishing I try to make the best of it and catch prawns, crab, lings, halibut etc and go for two days at a time a lot so I can take two days possession limit to make it a bit more worth while financially too. I sleep on my boat a lot so it's cheaper for me than doing that a lot than always renting places to stay over at. Pretty awesome living so close to such great fishing areas for a lot of different species of fish, shell fish, etc. And we eat every single thing we catch and keep. Even all the carcases, heads, guts etc..I keep it all, vac pack it and keep it for bait for hali, crab, prawns, lings etc. That also helps cut down costs for not having to buy bait much other than chovies/herring at times. It all helps the pocket book when I'm gonna be out there anyway :)

Cultural Appropriation.

Lol

Couldn’t help myself, looks awesome bud
Lol no doubt. Thanks. I enjoy making it and experimenting with different flavors. Having been eating it about 2 to 3 times a week lately. Gotta get the tuna supply down lol.

Back