Looking for trolling rod advice please

bigdogg1

peetz-evolution-fishing-real-5-inch-front-with-stryke-artwork.jpg I have a couple of great 10'6" rods paired with Amundson reels that work great and a third 10'6" that I use solely for plugs. For Christmas, I was given a beautiful Peetz reel that I want to 'honour' with an appropriate rod. Any thoughts?

The classic wood Peetz reels were historically paired with the classic Peetz glass roller rods with the wood handles. That combo was used extensively before the adoption of downriggers as a sport fishing technique. I have two of them in very good shape. If you are interested in one or both and can get to Victoria or have someone pick them up for you, send my a private message with your phone number. I can make you a very good deal.

The classic wood Peetz reels were historically paired with the classic Peetz glass roller rods with the wood handles. That combo was used extensively before the adoption of downriggers as a sport fishing technique. I have two of them in very good shape. If you are interested in one or both and can get to Victoria or have someone pick them up for you, send my a private message with your phone number. I can make you a very good deal.
If he’s not interested, I may be.

pm sent

I just pulled both rods out of storage and it looks like they need a little clean up and repair/servicing. I have not played with them in many years and can't get them to separate into the two parts as they are stuck together. Since we are not far from the Peetz Factory and Service Center, I will take them down to them and have them looked over and repaired/serviced as necessary. I will contact you bigdogg1 when I get them back. I also have a spare reel seat and wood handle part for one of them, not that it is needed at this time.

Last edited:
Back