Looking for blackpowder gunsmith

Clint r

Well the mainspring on my blackpowder rifle finally gave up the ghost. It’s a reproduction Kentucky rifle made in the 70s. Anybody know a good gunsmith? Or a collector of parts? It’s not a common rifle and the one guy on eBay who has what I need is restricted from shipping to Canada.

I think there’s an outfit at the Abbotsford/Sumas border that does that sort of thing but I forget the name.

F55F07C5-A2B9-490B-90B1-DA6A1C052E78.jpeg D5B4F5DE-B421-462D-8585-59A652C95623.jpeg 16FDCC6E-50EF-43D4-8521-C404F8577CEB.jpeg Thanks everyone for the help. I recieved a lot of replies and thanks to “paguy”, problem solved. It’s a percussion style repro of a .45 caliber Kentucky mountain rifle sold by sears in the 60s and 70s. There’s a lot of different kinds/sizes of springs out there and this one of course is about 1/2” longer on the end than about 99 percent of what’s out there.

Cool you solved the problem. There is a guy here in Nanaimo that has a whole basement full of flint and percussion rifles and parts.

Oh yeah? Is it cool if you pm me his number? This isn’t a rare gun by any means but parts are really hard to find. There’s a ton of different styles of “lock “ mechanisms out there. All different than mine. A lot of places making new parts too. But not for me lol. Mine is a kit I think. It was together when I got it but think the craftsmanship would’ve been better if it was a factory job. It’s even semi accurate hahaha.

Cool you solved the problem. There is a guy here in Nanaimo that has a whole basement full of flint and percussion rifles and parts.

247 parcel will now forward to Canada for a small fee

Back