Kone Zone dummy flashers

TheHurtLocker

Hey guys bought some of these this winter and have been experimenting with them. I see people running just the two large ones and taking off the smaller ones. I've just been using the four it came with, any thoughts? Also would you run your gear distance wise as it would be on a traditional flasher or farther back?

Thanks J

Hey guys bought some of these this winter and have been experimenting with them. I see people running just the two large ones and taking off the smaller ones. I've just been using the four it came with, any thoughts? Also would you run your gear distance wise as it would be on a traditional flasher or farther back?

Thanks J
Guy I run with from time to time. He uses them kone zone purple haze. Runs all 4 blades. Out fished me on Coho with bait last year offshore in nootka.
I would start removing smaller blades the deeper you go to help with blow back.

Fish a Kone Zone on one side most of the time. I run all 4 blades but like was mentioned you can have pretty good blow back at depth. Normally don't fish deeper than 60 up here so not a big concern for us. A 15lb ball helps too. I run the flasher right off the ball and then attach my release clip(48") to the top of my Scotty snubber. Never tangles unless the wife touches the gear.:D

Love Konezones! Believe it as Calvin from Nikka that originally thought up the idea. That are great for those days you just want to run straight cut plug off the rigger but still want attraction. I use them from 25ft down to 120ft with all four blades. Hurts when you lose one thought. Careful of them on the kicker side. I have a few custom (knicked up last flasher) as the are just long enough to hit my kicker prop. Downrigger up then konezone in.

I've been wanting to buy some kone zones for a while now. There are many color and types available. Is there a best color/type for WCVI?

Love Konezones! Believe it as Calvin from Nikka that originally thought up the idea. That are great for those days you just want to run straight cut plug off the rigger but still want attraction. I use them from 25ft down to 120ft with all four blades. Hurts when you lose one thought. Careful of them on the kicker side. I have a few custom (knicked up last flasher) as the are just long enough to hit my kicker prop. Downrigger up then konezone in.

I first came across KoneZone flashers 10 years ago
Mike Hyneman made them and they were popular back then on the Columbia River in particular.
I went to Mike's farm in Oregon where is assembled them...a neat guy totally into fishing and he gave me the lowdown.
Have use them with some success. Great as dummy flashers.
Mike's assuming he is still making them can be found on his web site.
konezone,com

I copied this from Konezone.com under the daisy chain konezone description;

"The late Cal Higano of Nikka Fishing in Richmond B.C. is responsible for putting the first KoneZone B.C. Daisy Chain together. Way to go Cal, "You are the man".

I've been wanting to buy some kone zones for a while now. There are many color and types available. Is there a best color/type for WCVI?
Green/Chartreuse/Glo or any combination thereof.

That being said I'm jonesing for a Purple one-I don't need one I want one (!)

I have a red one just for sockeye season.

The only one that has not worked for me has been the white with crushed peral glow. Don't know why but even the Coho stopped biting when I put it down? My best has been Green/Chartreuse & purple haze. I have a couple more color choices I am looking to try this summer.

I notice any time I see a guide using them they only ever have 2 or 3 of them connected

One other important thing! Order from Berry's Bait & tackle & then you don't have to pay the exchange rate.

One other important thing! Order from Berry's Bait & tackle & then you don't have to pay the exchange rate.

The price at Berry's has skyrocketed, I think its gone from 49 bucks to like 59 or 69. PNT also makes them in Richmond, I think they were a bit cheaper than Berrys but i have not checked since last year.

We were using the purple haze offshore for Coho with great success. Tapped the odd spring now and then as well

Back