The Cougar Video That Was On The News Recently.....

Dave H

was shot by a guy I met this morning, so I heard the story first-hand.

Here's a link to the video on YouTube that's about five minutes long. They were with it almost an hour and chased it off three times only to have it re-appear in a slightly different place each time.
I'd suggest muting the music once it starts 'cause it's a bit annoying.
He claims the cat never made a noise and never seemed aggro at all either.
Amazing how motionless it sat at times, with barely an ear flicker to let you know it's not a photograph.

Beauty though eh?

Take care.

Got stalked by a mother cougar and a couple cubs near Botanical Beach once. It was dusk and we had just finished dinner. I looked up from the camp fire and they were peaking through the salal in the bank less than 25' from me. I stoked up the fire and grabbed a big stick. They seemed more curious with us than anything, no growling. I took a couple of photos and stared back for a while. It seemed we had a stalemate, so we decided to slowly pack up camp and move on, hoping to leave them behind. I had black and white film in my camera at the time, and what was amazing was how there faces are camouflaged in the patterns of the salal. You can't see there faces unless pointed out. I'll see if I can find the photo and post it.

was shot by a guy I met this morning, so I heard the story first-hand.

Here's a link to the video on YouTube that's about five minutes long. They were with it almost an hour and chased it off three times only to have it re-appear in a slightly different place each time.
I'd suggest muting the music once it starts 'cause it's a bit annoying.
He claims the cat never made a noise and never seemed aggro at all either.
Amazing how motionless it sat at times, with barely an ear flicker to let you know it's not a photograph.

Beauty though eh?

Take care.

That is a real beauty. Too bad it had to be killed. Do you know how big it was? Weight?

Not killed. Sorry about confusion.

Take care.

Got stalked by a mother cougar and a couple cubs near Botanical Beach once. It was dusk and we had just finished dinner. I looked up from the camp fire and they were peaking through the salal in the bank less than 25' from me. I stoked up the fire and grabbed a big stick. They seemed more curious with us than anything, no growling. I took a couple of photos and stared back for a while. It seemed we had a stalemate, so we decided to slowly pack up camp and move on, hoping to leave them behind. I had black and white film in my camera at the time, and what was amazing was how there faces are camouflaged in the patterns of the salal. You can't see there faces unless pointed out. I'll see if I can find the photo and post it.

Found the photo:
2cougarsTooClose.jpg

Very nice images. I've never seen one in the bush, only seen ones a couple of times crossing the highway.

I've run into a cougar on two separate occasions while hunting. Still made my arsehole pucker a bit even when I was armed... Both situations were a bit similar... they just sat or laid down and watched me the whole time... about an hour before dusk both times. The walk out of the bush is always fun after that. wonderring if your being stalked or not. The pink nose is what seems to catch your attention. At least it did in my case...

You made it impossible not to comment that any pink nose on a ***** gets my attention too! lol

They are a beautiful animal, I look at this guy every day.

Attachments

• rsz_220180309_083557.jpg
    rsz_220180309_083557.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 40
In taxadermy it is custom to take the photo first as this fello knows WWT.The fate of the cats/pig /lamb at the farm by the tourist info at cumberland overpass a day ago was grim.the donkey was attacked aswell and survived.some things I do not wish for and that is a 6th cat close encouter.

Back