Boat Seat Repair

Rockfish

The vinyl (I think it is vinyl) over foam back on one of my passenger seats (made by Wave-Rider) has damage to the black plastic edging/covering strip where the vinyl joint is stapled around the edge of the hard back which is also covered in vinyl. It is the black edging strip that needs replacing.

The vinyl covering itself is in good shape, as is the sculpted foam under it so all I need is the edging. Who would you suggest to have fix this in the Greater Victoria area? In short, who does good work on boat seats at a reasonable cost?

We have already removed the seat back and it looks like it is an easy repair. I would prefer to have someone do it, but if I can’t find someone to do it, we could do it ourselves. All we would need is about five and a half feet of the black plastic edging/vinyl joint cover strip. Just pull out the staples under the edge of the strip, pull off the strip, cut the new one to length and install the new one under the vinyl lip where it joins and re-staple into the hard back. However, I have no clue who locally could sell me a few feet of the black edge/vinyl joint covering strip.

Last edited:
I had "Tommy's" fix a sleeper seat for me ,shouldn't be too much if you have it all apart for them.250-383-8941 - 748 Princess across from the arena off Blanshard

I've used Tommy's for some minor repairs on my truck. Looked brand new when it was done. On time, on budget, and great quality.

Thanks guys.

Just dropped it off at Tommy's and they said it would be ready for pickup later today for $25.00. You can't beat that.

Back