Status
Not open for further replies.
55571EAB-03BD-4DB6-A964-AA354485372F.jpeg Hit Tunstall for first light. Landed 6 of 8 fish up until 2:00 including a solo double header. 3 keepers and 3 unders. Released 2 as I was waiting for the tyee. Also, caught a couple shakers, a log and broke a Fenwick HMX on the one I kept, thought it was only fair. Skinny G and spackle back hootchie were the ticket for most of them. Hutt didn’t produce later but I did hear Grace was good in the pm after about 2:00 I didn’t have luck there.

Quiet at Tunstall at least for us. Any luck out there?
This a.m. was the first time I have encountered the Dead Sea at Tunstall in 2018 ... no undersized and no keepers. Beautiful morning though.

I’d love to try jigging for herring in Howe Sound this year, so if anyone sees them, please post.
Thx in advance

FYI Adanac,
I fished the bell and markers today from 10-3. Didn't see allot of crabbing traffic along spanish banks. I do know that there were numerous monster logs drifting through the area all day...

We had lots of undersize action today but no keepers..

FYI Adanac,
I fished the bell and markers today from 10-3. Didn't see allot of crabbing traffic along spanish banks. I do know that there were numerous monster logs drifting through the area all day...

We had lots of undersize action today but no keepers..

Ya no I definitely made up that we lost four traps, just for ***** and giggles

Found one yellow float and 20 feet of Poly floating line wrapped around my own crab float with sinking line in the Jericho area. Yellow float, name Crass on it. Phoned the #, no answer yet. If you're missing a float message me here. If you're crabbing please use sinking line or put a weight on your line. Someone had obviously cut this one - from a propeller or a knife, unknown. I would have been displeased if it ended up in my IPS drives yesterday and I had to jump in for a swim to clean up the mess. Had to dodge one other floating line yesterday also in the Jericho area. Heads up so you don't suck em into your prop this weekend.

DFO's proposed management actions with regards to Southern Resident Killer Whale. The meeting is Friday March 9th at 7 pm at the Bass Pro Shop in Tsawwassen

https://stores.basspro.com/ca/bc/tsawwassen/5000-canoe-pass-way.html

The meeting is open to the public and will be focused on views we all have about management proposal for area 29. My understanding is that this meeting is being led by the local SFAC and that comments concerns and suggestions coming out of this meeting will be provided to SFAB which will communicate resulting information to DFO.

a repost of cohochinook's

DFO's proposed management actions with regards to Southern Resident Killer Whale. The meeting is Friday March 9th at 7 pm at the Bass Pro Shop in Tsawwassen

https://stores.basspro.com/ca/bc/tsawwassen/5000-canoe-pass-way.html

The meeting is open to the public and will be focused on views we all have about management proposal for area 29. My understanding is that this meeting is being led by the local SFAC and that comments concerns and suggestions coming out of this meeting will be provided to SFAB which will communicate resulting information to DFO.

a repost of cohochinook's

28576354_10155488980122712_1514383598163588532_n.jpg

Heading out tomorrow, probably start at Tunstall. Anyone having any luck or finding bait in the lower sound?

Friend seen a crab trap with yellow nylon rope and the float was just under the water and being pulled along in the current just SW of the Bell Buoy early this am. In his text, he said looked like the the trap has been in the water for weeks, if not longer as the float was gunked up a lot . Cases like this where the traps are a hazard to navigation and boaters, are you allowed to pull the traps and notify the owner and or DFO if there is a name is on the float?

BTW, he reported that he only had a couple of undersized Chinook for his efforts today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back