Slick non skid deck

Unreel

Hey guys. Trying to find a solution for the deck on my Pursuit. It has the factory raised diamond non skid on the deck. Problem is when the deck gets wet at all it is extremely slippery. There isnt just some spots that are slick, its the whole deck. The raised pattern hasn't been worn down to flat but it isn't as aggressive as new obviously. I really don't want to put a mat down, so looking for some idea's on how to get some grip back on the deck.

Have heard of some guys going extreme and sanding down all the non skid and painting with awlgrip but theres no way im doing that. Any ideas?

I have done cut off disk on a die grinder across the treads on some applications. A little monotonous

Hey guys. Trying to find a solution for the deck on my Pursuit. It has the factory raised diamond non skid on the deck. Problem is when the deck gets wet at all it is extremely slippery. There isnt just some spots that are slick, its the whole deck. The raised pattern hasn't been worn down to flat but it isn't as aggressive as new obviously. I really don't want to put a mat down, so looking for some idea's on how to get some grip back on the deck.

Have heard of some guys going extreme and sanding down all the non skid and painting with awlgrip but theres no way im doing that. Any ideas?
I've been looking at the seadek knock off material - haven't used it but tripped across this article you may find interesting: https://www.wakegarage.com/projects...r-step-seadek-style-flooring-on-a-budget-r61/

A06861C5-C4F2-4767-8310-717F25748B4B.jpeg As an alternative, consider Rhino-Liner. On my project Double Eagle rebuild, I had a shop spray the inside of the hull with Rhino-Liner. It can be applied in any colour you want, it looks good, and as it’s the identical stuff that gets sprayed into the box of your pickup truck, you already know it’s durable, non-slip and - most importantly - fish goo can be easily hosed off.

Attachments

• B9DFA6E3-6498-47BA-A606-299ED9540F47.jpeg
    B9DFA6E3-6498-47BA-A606-299ED9540F47.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 18
I have heard of some guys doing the rhino liner @stephennicholls531
Wonder if that would stick to the raised diamond pattern non skid tho? Did you have it applied to glass or gel coat?

The dealership applied the Rhino-Liner directly onto the bare plywood floor and the fibreglass sides. My only prep was to sand lightly and wipe everything down with acetone before bringing it in. I don’t know what the dealership had to do, above and beyond that, but I imagine that it only had to be grease-free, like the bed of a truck.

I just put this stuff on my deck its called

http://www.seadek.com/default.aspx
deck before and after
did it ina few hours but make sure you follow instructions cause once its down you cant move it..
28642818_10155856572621084_1875546882_o.png
28721571_10155856501521084_1568404386_n.png

Looks great Wolf, I bought Seadek and haven’t installed mine yet. For those interested Seadek has had a sale for 50% off on Black Friday the past few years.

Ive looked into that seadek, my concern would be how well it would hold up with continued use. And i would wonder how well it would seal to the raised non skid, i'd be worried it would allow water to seep in between the raised non skid pattern. @wolf is that easy to clean and does it absorb any water at all?

well i read all the reviews and stuff seems to really stay saw one from a charter guy in florida 5 years and never lifted and holding up well, I can tell you once you place that stuff down it does not move so be carefull in applying as it STICKS. there is no way its going to absorb water its tough looking rubber compound ill let you know as my boat see alot and ill give it a month and let you know thats why i made water passeges to make water flow better

Before you apply anything make sure you don't have any underlying soft spots in the sole or structure below. Otherwise you will be stripping it all off again down the road to fix what should have been repaired now.

well i read all the reviews and stuff seems to really stay saw one from a charter guy in florida 5 years and never lifted and holding up well, I can tell you once you place that stuff down it does not move so be carefull in applying as it STICKS. there is no way its going to absorb water its tough looking rubber compound ill let you know as my boat see alot and ill give it a month and let you know thats why i made water passeges to make water flow better
How did your seadek hold up over the season? Thinking about doing my deck with it.

Reactions: abl
I can honestly say it held up great 100 days of use and about 500 people on held up great it did dirty up but not badly what I really liked is standing on it all day makes a world of difference, I dont have and lifting of it at all on any spots. last year had a renfrew guide that I help put inside his tinner and also help up great we both loved it....

I can honestly say it held up great 100 days of use and about 500 people on held up great it did dirty up but not badly what I really liked is standing on it all day makes a world of difference, I dont have and lifting of it at all on any spots. last year had a renfrew guide that I help put inside his tinner and also help up great we both loved it....
That's good to hear. Cant see the pictures you previously posted, what colour did you use? Did you have issues with blood staining it? Was thinking of going with a tan colour to try and mitigate staining. You order direct from seadek?

Last edited:
No it didnt stain it just became soiled from over 500 people on cant stop that... LOL I used grey and its just a darker tone of grey now and not bad ...would I use again yes i would personally think its great stuff

Back