Horrible Horgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no love for the Liberals or any political group for that matter.
I will say we have experienced growth and stability for quite a few years
making B.C. one of the strongest provinces in the country.
Unemployment is the lowest in decades.
The last NDP gov't ended in a criminal investigation,
buy hey time will tell.

Ditto here. How about house arrest for CC and her cabinet until a Royal Commission investigates and reports back.

No matter who you vote for it seems that they take care of themselves first and forget about you until they want you to vote for them. Cost of living goes up so they increase their wages to match do our pensions go up? Nope but our taxes do.o_O

I like to use historical data, where have the NDP left it better than they got it (stole it in BC recently). Can't remember? The devil you know is better than the devil you do not, we have not even come close to seeing what the current "do gooders" will do to BC. Can't say I am glad that I will pay more in tax so others who pay less can get more.

HM

my transgender friend on welfare voted for NDP and my friend with a small business voted liberal. Parties cater to different needs, people will never agree if they have different needs. Just like a retiree on the island, whose income is secure and not fighting tooth and nail like a millennial in a competitive lower mainland market have vastly different out looks.

Build the dam pipeline and get site C finished i need to make some big money in the next couple of years

28166294_10156142264594204_9103101104733601617_n.png

B.C. government moves forward on action to protect coast
The provincial government will be moving forward with consultation around four bitumen spill safeguards while referring to the courts the outstanding issue around B.C.’s right to protect B.C.’s coast, Premier John Horgan announced today.

“We believe it is our right to take appropriate measures to protect our environment, economy and our coast from the drastic consequence of a diluted bitumen spill,” said Premier Horgan. “And we are prepared to confirm that right in the courts.”

Premier Horgan says his government will be retaining expert legal counsel to ready a reference to the courts, adding that it may take several weeks to bring the reference forward. This reference will seek to reinforce B.C.’s constitutional rights to defend against the risks of a bitumen spill.

Premier Horgan says this safeguard has generated disproportionate and unlawful reactions from the Alberta government, specifically their decision to ban the import of wines from British Columbia.

“The actions by the Alberta government threaten an entire industry and the livelihoods of people who depend on it,” said Premier Horgan. “We have taken steps to protect our wine industry from the unwarranted trade action by the Government of Alberta.”

“It’s not about politics. It’s not about trade. It’s about British Columbians’ right to have their voices heard on this critical issue,” said Premier Horgan. “And it’s about B.C.’s right to defend itself against actions that may threaten our people, our province and our future.”

The Premier adds that consultations will begin soon on the remaining four safeguards announced in January by Environment and Climate Change Minister George Heyman. These safeguards include:

• Spill response time
  • Geographic response plans
  • Compensation for loss of public and cultural use of land
  • Application of regulations to marine spills
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2018PREM0002-000252

I like to use historical data, where have the NDP left it better than they got it (stole it in BC recently). Can't remember? The devil you know is better than the devil you do not, we have not even come close to seeing what the current "do gooders" will do to BC. Can't say I am glad that I will pay more in tax so others who pay less can get more.

HM
Nothing like some facts getting in the way of a good story. https://thetyee.ca/Views/2005/04/20/CampbellMisledPublic

Last edited:
Last edited:
I

All parties are lying POS, just don't remember loosing so much under other parties leadership. I would be scared stiff if the current NDP were at the helm and took BC thru the not so long ago world financial bad times.

HM
Well it's a matter oif opinion I guess the Liberals took us from a $16 Billion debt when they started to doubling it to over $32 Billion so our grandkids will end up feeling it whenever interest rates return to a normal level. It is easy to borrow money when it's almost free but doubling our dept with not much but an Ice bomb bridge to show for it doesn't set a very high benchmark.

Well it's a matter oif opinion I guess the Liberals took us from a $16 Billion debt when they started to doubling it to over $32 Billion so our grandkids will end up feeling it whenever interest rates return to a normal level. It is easy to borrow money when it's almost free but doubling our dept with not much but an Ice bomb bridge to show for it doesn't set a very high benchmark.

yeah and they ended with a surplus that NDP gladly took and ran with. Social programs are more important than the budget (great for buying votes) so the point is mute. Anyways who cares about debt the US government hasn't had a surplus since the 2001 and before that was 1969 and the only time they actually paid off all the national debt it caused the biggest depression in history. You don't pay down debt you inflate it away.

The Liberal government not spending all its budget lost it the election

Last edited:

The total debt number it rrelevant, it is good for shock value, but what us really important is the debt/gdp ratio as it' rhe measure of the ability to pay it. BC has been well managed in that regard as the ratio is 16%, third best in the country after AB and SK. Total debt went up but the economy also grew rapidly. The NDP will start increasing that ratio, federally Canada is one of the lowest debt/gdp ratios in rhe west thanks to the previous liberal and conservative govts which brought it down over a 30 year period from crisis levels. Trudeau, as his father did, is reversing the fiscal responsibility of Chretien, Martin and Harper and once again growing the debt ratio.

B.C. government moves forward on action to protect coast
The provincial government will be moving forward with consultation around four bitumen spill safeguards while referring to the courts the outstanding issue around B.C.’s right to protect B.C.’s coast, Premier John Horgan announced today.

“We believe it is our right to take appropriate measures to protect our environment, economy and our coast from the drastic consequence of a diluted bitumen spill,” said Premier Horgan. “And we are prepared to confirm that right in the courts.”

Premier Horgan says his government will be retaining expert legal counsel to ready a reference to the courts, adding that it may take several weeks to bring the reference forward. This reference will seek to reinforce B.C.’s constitutional rights to defend against the risks of a bitumen spill.

Premier Horgan says this safeguard has generated disproportionate and unlawful reactions from the Alberta government, specifically their decision to ban the import of wines from British Columbia.

“The actions by the Alberta government threaten an entire industry and the livelihoods of people who depend on it,” said Premier Horgan. “We have taken steps to protect our wine industry from the unwarranted trade action by the Government of Alberta.”

“It’s not about politics. It’s not about trade. It’s about British Columbians’ right to have their voices heard on this critical issue,” said Premier Horgan. “And it’s about B.C.’s right to defend itself against actions that may threaten our people, our province and our future.”

The Premier adds that consultations will begin soon on the remaining four safeguards announced in January by Environment and Climate Change Minister George Heyman. These safeguards include:

• Spill response time
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2018PREM0002-000252

I heard these arguments before in a similar situation. I did do some reading I think BC is correct to question when it comes to environment on this pipeline. The policy right now and what BC liberals got unseated for is they did everything they could to get to "YES". John Horgan regardless of some of foolish things NDP has done lately worked through the mess the liberals made running the MOE. It has put into question the professional reliance model across BC where independent scientist, engineers are supposed to work independently free from government interference. What BC has found and including this new government is that isn't this case. Many industries have huge influence in decision making when it comes to these decisions.

The pipeline will go in, but I believe BC needs to ask these questions if the NEB did not fulfill them. Christy Clark failed miserably with many projects by rushing things and getting to "YES". To be fair the things Horgan is asking for were conditions made from the liberal government not the NDP.

Is the NDP doing a good job? I think they are trying, but I also think people give the liberals far too much credit. If your BC liberal government didn't cut corners getting to "YES" ahead of environmental regulations/protection with these industrial projects they would still be in power.

And lets be clear here. The NDP is being asked by this by the coastal communities industries such as: Aquaculture, Tourism operators etc. That's millions and millions of dollars lost to those industries if we don't have the ability to clean these spills up. Not including our own sport fishing industry. What about our J pod orcas?

Just my opinion. These demands are not unrealistic:

• Spill response time

As for Trudeau (People kind) he will have a steep slope in the court. His federal lawyers including Alberta will have to convince in court why they can bypass those conditions. It will be long process though that could stall in court for some time.

The total debt number it rrelevant, it is good for shock value, but what us really important is the debt/gdp ratio as it' rhe measure of the ability to pay it. BC has been well managed in that regard as the ratio is 16%, third best in the country after AB and SK. Total debt went up but the economy also grew rapidly. The NDP will start increasing that ratio, federally Canada is one of the lowest debt/gdp ratios in rhe west thanks to the previous liberal and conservative govts which brought it down over a 30 year period from crisis levels. Trudeau, as his father did, is reversing the fiscal responsibility of Chretien, Martin and Harper and once again growing the debt ratio.
That what a lot of people are doing borrowing on their increased equity that they currently have the ability to pay the loan(debt) but that quickly changes when interest rates rise. This is the mess that the Liberals doubling the debt will ultimately leave to the next generations.

yeah and they ended with a surplus that NDP gladly took and ran with. Social programs are more important than the budget (great for buying votes) so the point is mute. Anyways who cares about debt the US government hasn't had a surplus since the 2001 and before that was 1969 and the only time they actually paid off all the national debt it caused the biggest depression in history. You don't pay down debt you inflate it away.

The Liberal government not spending all its budget lost it the election
Tell that to all the pensioners living on a fixed income how that works for them.

Build the dam pipeline and get site C finished i need to make some big money in the next couple of years

That statement right there is why this pipeline is in so much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back