Subject: Scientists work to revitalize burbot

Interesting. Kinda makes me wonder if it does not all tie back in to wen they decided to add shrimp to that lake. Seems to me (Based on my very small amount of knowledge of it) that that lake has been out of balance ever since. Hope they are successful in their efforts.

Interesting. Kinda makes me wonder if it does not all tie back in to wen they decided to add shrimp to that lake. Seems to me (Based on my very small amount of knowledge of it) that that lake has been out of balance ever since. Hope they are successful in their efforts.

Good read about the shrimp.

https://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/exhibits/living-landscapes/thomp-ok/kokanee-salmon/articles/950218a.htm

So many 'good' ideas of the past have left us struggling to get by with what is left. I wonder what the next 100 years will bring. Good luck Burbot!

Last edited:
Good read for sure.
There is a good video doc on it as well. I tried to find a link a couple times but am not the best surfer. It may have been by Westland but not sure. I caught it on TV a bunch of years ago. Deals with it all, up to the decision to start fertilizer if I remember correctly.
Was sad to see how many other places followed based on the false positives that came out of the short term in Kootenay.
I lived in Kelowna from 77 to 2004 and was witness to the ok lake situation.

Back