Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday we had a flurry of three nice legal fish in a half hour span off Spanish banks eaten by seals , only got gillplates/jaws back, in the photo is a 4 inch pesca

Seals! Too bad. At least you’re doing something right and getting into fish. Good luck.

F@n seals eh, if only the granola eaters would Free Willy. The next few months should be good off the mile markers to bell

Very good for denying you the salmon which strike your lures.

The seals in the Harbour are very keen on trollers....and they are experts at following your gear and boat.....have been for years. They are bad.....very bad....and are legitimate threats to any fish being slowed down by an angler.

They need to be culled. That is the only solution for these particular seals in English Bay.

Needs to be a cull from the harbour down to sandheads. It’s been outta control for years. Their the best fed seals on the coast hands down.

When there are more fish around, generally the seals aren’t so much a problem as they are able to pick off the weak ones when there are many around. The ones in the harbour are so bad that you will pick up after being tailed and motor off 2-3 miles and they will come after you. I’ve lived it many times....these seals are bastards. The one super bad one behind Bowen was....taken care of.

A person has to be proactive and this is one means of doing that-a good old Trumark slingshot-you may not plug the bugger but if you land a BB anywhere near them they'll dive and if you do it twice they'll FRO.

416f3bfK7zL.jpg

A person has to be proactive and this is one means of doing that-a good old Trumark slingshot-you may not plug the bugger but if you land a BB anywhere near them they'll dive and if you do it twice they'll FRO.

416f3bfK7zL.jpg

Not these seals....and once they have your fish, it’s over...nothin like 10-14 pounds of fresh Chinook Ripped off a 4/0 hook on the back of a junk metal sport spoon.

They do the same over here in Port Angeles area, Follow you around all day long. When you do finally hook a fish, You have to horse the fish like hell to even have a chance. Had a friend cleaning one at the side of his boat before going in and had a seal just about take his hand off.

They do the same over here in Port Angeles area, Follow you around all day long. When you do finally hook a fish, You have to horse the fish like hell to even have a chance. Had a friend cleaning one at the side of his boat before going in and had a seal just about take his hand off.

I had this happen at Thunderbird Marina moving a salmon from my boat to the dock - a seal came up between my boat and dock and almost took my hand off - scared the bejesus out of me!

So... Back to reports on the thread titled "reports"
Buddy has been out every weekend in howe sound, Bowen. Picking up a fish every trip out. Sometimes 3-4. Has been using big eye spoons in green or blue, trolling 150'. Been better than last year.

Or a .22 with an oil filter stuck on the end works quite well too.

Fished the south end of Bowen yesterday. Flat calm and sunny in the afternoon. Had a pin popper at 185' using a kitchen sink spoon. It took a number of runs and fought well considering it was only 5lbs. Wasn't using a flasher.
These winter spring are very scrappy, hey?! It felt as though I had a 10lb’er on last time out and it was 60cm.

Reports.........anyone? Heading out Friday for the high, and low....and high again. Tunstall?

Reports.........anyone? Heading out Friday for the high, and low....and high again. Tunstall?

Yup....good starting point based on my intel. I'm a desk jockey from M-F at the moment. If nothing in the first hour or reason to stick around...move north. Find bait, fish it, if no fish, move on. Friends fishing those areas are finding fish.

Yup....good starting point based on my intel. I'm a desk jockey from M-F at the moment. If nothing in the first hour or reason to stick around...move north. Find bait, fish it, if no fish, move on. Friends fishing those areas are finding fish.
North, I hear ya.....South side of Quadra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back