Accommodations in Winter Harbour

Oly1

Hey just wondering if anyone knows where a few guys can stay in Winter Harbour. Looking at middle to end of July this summer. I heard the lodge closed down for accommodation. Don’t know if that’s totally true or not. Looking for accommodation or meals and accommodation. Any info would be appreciated.

Oly

You can also try the Outpost for accommodations.
The website for the Qualicum River Fishing Resorts has posted that they won't be handling accommodations this year.

I heard a rumour that the logging operations might be cut back in the area and fuel delivery may not be available for the summer months. Could be a game changer if there is no fuel.

I heard a rumour that the logging operations might be cut back in the area and fuel delivery may not be available for the summer months. Could be a game changer if there is no fuel.

The Gong Show fishing show is heading up for early August, confirmation of this rumor would be appreciated.
Not sure is this is due to Moore logging shutting down.

Thanks BC, that makes sense, just wanted to confirm before taking alternative measures!
Hey just wondering if anyone knows where a few guys can stay in Winter Harbour. Looking at middle to end of July this summer. I heard the lodge closed down for accommodation. Don’t know if that’s totally true or not. Looking for accommodation or meals and accommodation. Any info would be appreciated.

Oly
Cape Scott winter harbour cottages is a great place to stay, owned and operated by Glen Olson , (Oli). He has at least 5 cabins on land, and two floating cabins. Top notch! 250-650-5182.

Cape Scott winter harbour cottages is a great place to stay, owned and operated by Glen Olson , (Oli). He has at least 5 cabins on land, and two floating cabins. Top notch! 250-650-5182.
This is Oli at Winter Harbour cottages, we don't have any openings until 2nd half of august and first half of June. Another recommendation is dick Robinson @ dicks last resort, he rents out cottages as well as B&B stuff,

Our accommodation has been sorted for months.
I did not anticipate fuel issues, so I'm happy to have the confirmation and get back to the count down.

Oly

Hey guys its Greg from The Outpost in Winter Harbour. Despite WD Moore Logging camp closing, we are doing plenty of fuel business to both sport and commercial vessels. We hold close to 100,000 litres of fuel that turns over and our facility is maintained to a high standard.

We are really busy for the coming season already, but for the future we do have multiple Accommodation options open right by the Outpost General Store. We also have 35 full service campsites available and a couple camping style cabins.

As always our store will have all the basic necessities, as well as a well stocked Tackle store with all the stuff that works locally... with fair prices. PM me or email me off our website if you want to touch base.

We were just up there fishing for the last 10 days and the Springs are around in pretty good numbers. Got 4 in 45 minutes off Lippy on our last day... all between 15-25 lb beauty reds !

Thanks Greg.

Appreciate the confirmation and the report. We are all looking forward to our trip to WH in August.

Hi Greg,

We are heading up there June 18 for 4 days. Do you know if there is Ice available in Winter Harbour? Thanks!

Hey guys its Greg from The Outpost in Winter Harbour. Despite WD Moore Logging camp closing, we are doing plenty of fuel business to both sport and commercial vessels. We hold close to 100,000 litres of fuel that turns over and our facility is maintained to a high standard.

We are really busy for the coming season already, but for the future we do have multiple Accommodation options open right by the Outpost General Store. We also have 35 full service campsites available and a couple camping style cabins.

As always our store will have all the basic necessities, as well as a well stocked Tackle store with all the stuff that works locally... with fair prices. PM me or email me off our website if you want to touch base.

We were just up there fishing for the last 10 days and the Springs are around in pretty good numbers. Got 4 in 45 minutes off Lippy on our last day... all between 15-25 lb beauty reds !
Hey Greg, what are your hours of opporation for fuel? We will be arriving Friday, and there for 7 days! We will be needing at least 250 litres per day. Thanks

Back