Alberta Wine War Please Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NEB's jurisdiction does not come into play during an oil spill it regulates pipelines and utilities. When it spills everyone will run for the hills.
Environmental Protection
The Board's environmental responsibility includes ensuring environmental protection during the planning, construction, operation and abandonment of energy projects within its jurisdiction

Running for the hills? I agree! :)

Provincial government being responsible to assess the environment protection and spill recovery compliance for an investment that hasn’t materialized yet? I do not! ;)

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/bts/whwr/rspnsblt/pplnpwrln-eng.html

In determining whether a pipeline project should proceed, the Board reviews, among other things, its economic, technical and financial feasibility, and the environmental and socio-economic impact of the project.

The NEB shares responsibility with the Transportation Safety Board for incident investigation. The NEB investigates pipeline incidents to determine whether its regulations have been followed and if those regulations may need to be changed. “

this whole bc govt against this pipeline and their attempt to stall it is crazy. they are claiming they need more time to research spill response etc, well ffs we've been shipping oil from burnaby for decades, soooooo are they claiming we don't have a response or admitting it isn't good enough, it is already there and has been for decades, could it be better? yes i'm sure it could but this stance is hogwash on more work needs to be done on spill response.

the other thing they don't seem to understand and some on here don't either is the fact that if this already approved project gets kiboshed somehow, this oil is coming regardless, it is already coming by rail and shipments have been increasing, so if horgan thinks rail is safer than the pipeline his head is up his arse, which I don't think it is, I think he is merely stalling to appease the greens and in the process has infuriated nutley, this whole situation should have been avoidable from the get go. I do think nutley was wrong to do what she did with the wine, she should have immediately stopped any carbon payments to the feds and given notice that alberta was pulling out of the climate agreement with the feds forcing trudeau to solely deal with this pipeline issue with bc.

This whole mess between the provinces is bs because it's always the small companies and people that pay. Like those small wineries in BC, like the small companies waiting to get to work on that line. It's never the big companies or the politicians that pay, they all get their damn checks in the mail. Same as these paid enviro protestors get paid to disrupt our people and governments , it's a mess. There's no way I'm getting in between these two provinces I consider them both my homes. I think BC is a fantastic place and the people in it are for the most part great hard working people. We are all at the mercy of these games being played with people's livelihoods. It's sad.

Right on! "enviro protestors" same ones that successfully protested over the hole in the ozone layer that dodged a bullet for all life on this planet. Same folks actually picking up the ball, joining organizations and fighting the planetary wrecking ball of **** sapiens. Look up at that vast sky above ....actually not vast at all, simply a shield on the scale of a film of water around a wet basketball. Putting a hole in the ozone was easy just some aerosol cans and refrigeration. Right now this protective shield is being densified, altered and destablized by the byproduct of a catastrophic human population. Oceans are dying and micro plastics ingested fatally by all large ocean fish and wildlife. We are down to simple high school chemistry. We need the atmosphere as it is .... ya got 3 minutes of life without O2. It is not business as usual.

"Every hour, approximately 1.6 MILLION tons of waste enters our ocean. Yearly, a colossal 14 billion tons of trash ends up in our beautiful oceans. Of this waste, much of it is plastic."

Running for the hills? I agree! :)

Provincial government being responsible to assess the environment protection and spill recovery compliance for an investment that hasn’t materialized yet? I do not! ;)

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/bts/whwr/rspnsblt/pplnpwrln-eng.html

In determining whether a pipeline project should proceed, the Board reviews, among other things, its economic, technical and financial feasibility, and the environmental and socio-economic impact of the project.

The NEB shares responsibility with the Transportation Safety Board for incident investigation. The NEB investigates pipeline incidents to determine whether its regulations have been followed and if those regulations may need to be changed. “
Exactly my point only reponsible for "incident investigation" and to "investigate wether its regulations have been followed and if those regulations may need to be changed" but not responsible for the clean up and the associated costs. Further when the spill happens on the Coastal Marine waters they are not even involved at any level.

B.C. challenges Alberta wine ban under free trade rules
Province says Alberta's boycott violates its obligations under the Canadian Free Trade Agreement
By Michelle Ghoussoub, CBC News Posted: Feb 19, 2018 10:48
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-alberta-wine-ban-free-trade-1.4542080

'Science is being ignored': prominent Alberta professor sides with B.C. on pipeline
Feb 19, 2018
http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/the-early-edition/segment/15521380

'Science is being ignored': prominent Alberta professor sides with B.C. on pipeline
Ecology professor argues the inter-provincial dispute is one of politics, not science
By Clare Hennig, CBC News Posted: Feb 19, 2018
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rofessor-sides-with-b-c-on-pipeline-1.4542335

RSC Expert Panel Reports
The Behaviour and Environmental Impacts of Crude Oil Released into Aqueous Environments
https://rsc-src.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/OIW Report_1.pdf
https://rsc-src.ca/sites/default/files/pdf/OIW Presentation.pdf

Abstract:
A solid scientific understanding of the behaviour and environmental impacts of crude oil if accidentally released into aqueous environments can make an important contribution to the identification of optimal strategies for spill preparedness, spill response, and environmental remediation. A panel of experts is asked to review the state of the science on how various kinds of conventional and unconventional crude oils transported in North America interact with the surface waters and associated sediments (suspended, shoreline, ocean/lake/river floor) in marine, estuarine and freshwater settings under a wide range of environmental conditions.

I applaud the BC gov for taking a stand and trying to stop this idiotic pipeline project. No one in BC wants an increase of bitumen tanker traffic as BC will have to live with a wrecked coast when the inevitable happens. Alberta and the Feds will shrug their shoulders and move on with business while we have lost what is most important to us. For a few temporary construction jobs, laughable benefits! Stick your bitumen up your ar...e, Alberta! Get it refined like a first world country and then we can talk! Or better yet, open your eyes and see what this world needs: a switch to emission free energy! BC wineries will be fine, good quality finds new customers quickly. May you enjoy your glass of condensate with your dinner, Albertans! BC won't cave to your laughable bully tactics. Get a real economy or rot in oil yourself!

So - BC has some issues - and are doing what they can within their jurisdiction to stop the project. BUT... Notley instead claims that BC is doing something they have no right do (no description of how they are able to do that) - and her government invalidates the NAFTA in banning BC wine - but doesn't admit that. hmmm... typical posturing politicians.

Also politicians have to prove to the funders of their election fund contributions - that they can be bought - and funding political parties implies there is a service for that contribution - but no discussion of that reality, neither. Again, typical...

Deep dive and things that I didn't consider.
https://www.straight.com/news/1033636/martyn-brown-whose-law-really-butt-kinder-morgan-dispute

As a child when we started arguing and scrapping, my mother would say compliments fly when monkeys meet.
Hmmm! Sounds about right.
It is an argument about the environment after all so I would agree with shutting down completely the Kinder Morgan.
If any "peoplekind" want fuels bring your jerry-can we have it here! After all the issue here is about the pipeline and how you don't want it and I can't help but agree with you.

So - BC has some issues - and are doing what they can within their jurisdiction to stop the project. BUT... Notley instead claims that BC is doing something they have no right do (no description of how they are able to do that) - and her government invalidates the NAFTA in banning BC wine - but doesn't admit that. hmmm... typical posturing politicians.

Also politicians have to prove to the funders of their election fund contributions - that they can be bought - and funding political parties implies there is a service for that contribution - but no discussion of that reality, neither. Again, typical...

I don't think NAFTA has anything to do with inner provincial trade. Its a USA, Canada, & Mexico treaty. As I understand it the trade barriers inner province are a nightmare.

As a child when we started arguing and scrapping, my mother would say compliments fly when monkeys meet.
Hmmm! Sounds about right.
It is an argument about the environment after all so I would agree with shutting down completely the Kinder Morgan.
If any "peoplekind" want fuels bring your jerry-can we have it here! After all the issue here is about the pipeline and how you don't want it and I can't help but agree with you.

Agree. Lets shut down the Aviation fuel pipeline that connects to the airport. I understand that is ran in the same ditch as KM.

Shocking...another politically charged thread going off the rails. Maybe we should start a civil war over wine...wars have been started for less of a reason than smashed grapes before! Adios to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back