SFAC Area 17 meeting

Derby

Crew Member
Area 17 SFAC meeting

It is that time again for our fall meeting… It is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 27th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap house. If u want more details or address please feel free to PM me

Our Spring meeting is scheduled for this Thursday, March 9th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap..Please feel free to pm for any details or on how to get there....

Some of the items on menu at this time will be:

Halibut

Yellow eye

Descending devices and there role in the future of our fisheries …samples on hand to look at

Salmon forecast 2017

Area 17 SFAC meeting

It is that time again for our fall meeting… It is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 26th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap house. If u want more details or address please feel free to PM me

Area 17 SFAC meeting

It is that time again for our Spring Meeting … It is scheduled for Thursday, March 15, 2018. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap house. A few items on the menu is the halibut, Yellow eye & SRKW .... If u want more details or address please feel free to PM me ...everyone welcome :)

Thursday, March 15,2018

Nanaimo Fish & Game Club

1. Introductions – Distribute sign in sheet

1. Approval of agenda. Any additions or topics anyone wishes to have discussed.

1. Review of minutes from last meeting

1. Old Business: review of previous motions & outcomes

1. Local report- Clyde –Gabriola up-date Bob

1. Brad up dates: Prawn/crab Yellow eye & Cowichan river Herring harvest 2018

1. IFMP-Rec sector-Brad

8. Resident Killer Whales- Deryk /Brad/PAt

9.Halibut update-Pat Ahern

10.Log book update-Pat ahern

11. Nanaimo Hatchery report-Brian/Clyde

Starts 7:00 tomorrow night.. hope to see u there....
Nanaimo Fish and Game Protective Association
1325 Nanaimo Lakes Rd.
Nanaimo, BC V9X 1X8

Made it out to my first SFAC meeting tonight! It was a great time, thanks Deryk for getting me out there, I learnt quite a few things tonight and the the meeting is rich with many very knowledgeable people which was awesome to get to pick away at their brains a little bit! I would defiantly recommend getting out to your local SFAC meeting if you haven't already!

Area 17 SFAC meeting

It is that time again for our fall meeting… It is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 25th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap house. If u want more details or address please feel free to PM me

Area 17 SFAC meeting

It is that time again for our fall meeting… It is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 25th. 7pm at the Nanaimo Fish and Game trap house. If u want more details or address please feel free to PM me
Do you know if there is going to be a meeting for area 18? Or who I might contact that will know?

Hello all:

We will be having our fall Sports Fishery Advisory Committee meeting Wed. afternoon 1:30 pm Nov. 7/18 at the Valley Fish and Game Club [6190 Mayo Rd. Lake Cowichan]. An agenda will follow before the meeting. I will be away but will be back the end of October. Some of the major agenda items will be:

1. Termination by DFO of the Port Renfrew Chinook Net Pen Project for 2019

2. The extended Southern Resident Killer Whale foraging area proposal [will the SFAB local committees be consulted, will there be closed areas, will these areas only be closed or restricted to the recreational sector and not others, will it effect Chinook size and limits, where will the boundaries be located and will the closed area, for SRKW scientific study, from San Juan pt. to Otter pt. be open to the recreational sector for next year].

3. Status of fish possession limits regulation [approved by DFO and passed at Main Board SFAB 2 years ago] allowing an angler to transport up to 5 possession limits with the appropriate documentation.

4. A terminal Cowichan Chinook fishery opportunity for the Recreational sector in a sub area of area 18 away from Chinook stocks of concern.

Bob Gallaugher [local SFAC chair]

The meeting time and location is also on Facebook, so please share with your friends. Make sure you also like and follow the page.

I won't be able to make the meeting in Nanaimo on the 17th. Will someone be posting the minutes?
I plan on attending the one on Nov 7 in Lake Cow

if you want to receive Area 17 minutes directly..just pm me your email address... if you notice admin has set up a section for area minutes and we should be able to have all area in play shortly so anyone can take a look what is going ...

Back