Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that you are allowed to carry spares. Your allowed to have 4 traps per person fishing in the water at one time the way I see it.

you cant drop more then 4 traps per person.................. come on now ........ really have a hard time believing this is an actual question no offense

The question isn't whether I can have more than 4 traps/person. The question is if I can drop more than 4 traps with one person on board, but pick all traps up (6) with another person on board (this would mean 2 fisherman for 6 traps).

I would think both bud dropping and retrieving,I have always wondered this also because I take the wife and kids and sometimes they only last half a day !!

The question isn't whether I can have more than 4 traps/person. The question is if I can drop more than 4 traps with one person on board, but pick all traps up (6) with another person on board (this would mean 2 fisherman for 6 traps).
Like I just said you can’t drop more then 4 traps per person. If that was the case I would go out and drop my 12 traps today by myself and then come back tomorrow with 3 peeps total onboard to pickem. Doesn’t work that way or vice versa

I would think both bud dropping and retrieving,I have always wondered this also because I take the wife and kids and sometimes they only last half a day !!
Exactly. And I like to do 24 hour sets so it would be nice to be able to drop all 6 by myself and pick-up with the wife and kids the next day. I don't believe there's a proper definition for this...

Exactly. And I like to do 24 hour sets so it would be nice to be able to drop all 6 by myself and pick-up with the wife and kids the next day. I don't believe there's a proper definition for this...

Can a single angler troll with 4 lines in the water? Ie. fish 4 lines? No.

My take is the moment you drop the traps you are fishing. Not much grey area here.

DFO always interprets the stricter definition.

Goodluck with the new setup.

How’s everyone doing with their prawn sets? Late dec. I had 125 prawn in 1 set (2 traps) prior to the closure.

Can a single angler troll with 4 lines in the water? Ie. fish 4 lines? No.

My take is the moment you drop the traps you are fishing. Not much grey area here.

DFO always interprets the stricter definition.
Fair enough and thanks for the interpretation.

@seatosky you can have as many lines in the water as you can handle when Fishing in the salt. There is no limit in the number of rods you may fish when by yourself.

Anyone up at Defense the last few days?

Pounded thru the outflow in grey light this morning, pretty ******* gnarly, fished tunstall for awhile before turning back to the harbour, one shaker and three gillplates of nice legal fish in the last 30 mins, pescas behind hotspots on the bottom. Bait everywhere

Went out for a boot today shake winter off the boat , dropped a trap near Jericho few keepers not much else

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_152828_374.jpg
    IMG_20180218_152828_374.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 111
@seatosky you can have as many lines in the water as you can handle when Fishing in the salt. There is no limit in the number of rods you may fish when by yourself.

Really? I stand corrected. Thank you. I’ll have to refresh myself on the Regs.:

For everyone’s reference DFO notes this very clearly now:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/salmon-saumon-eng.html

“In tidal waters, there’s no limit to the number of fishing rods you can use. In rivers and streams, including the tidal waters of the Fraser River, there’s a limit of one rod per angler”

Last edited:
The harbour looked great from a far last night. Winds were up.

Anyone having success lately off west van. and out of the wind?

Attachments

• AA3B0194-9FB3-4019-A170-E32C5E13C6E5.jpeg
    AA3B0194-9FB3-4019-A170-E32C5E13C6E5.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back