Plastic / composite decking - 18ft aluminum

Aridhol

I was at the Victoria boat show today and one of the aluminum manufacturers had a deck made entirely of plastic or some composit material and I failed to get the name. It was a cream colour and about 5/8" or 3/4" thick and had a textured surface.

I have an 18ft hewes with vinyl wrapped plywood now which is in fine condition but I was toying with the idea of taking it out and and doing some work underneath (foam, cabling, storage, etc...) and I thought this stuff seemed like it would be easier maintenance and potentially longer life than new ply and vinyl.

Anyone know what it's called and and even better, does anyone have it in their boat to offer some first hand feedback?

Thanks guys. I went back and the guy said it was "Sea" deck but looking on their site it seems the sheets are pretty thin and what I saw on the actual boat was at least 5/8" maybe 3/4" and was very heavy and solid.
I mostly want a set it and forget it durable deck. I couldn't care less what it actually looks like. I do keep care of my stuff and the boat sits under a cover in the worse winter months but I just don't trust wood.
I would rather spend the money now and not worry about it for the next 10 or 20 years.

Any other products or solutions I should look at?

Back