Alberta Wine War Please Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of reasons why I feel this way. You would too. I Pm'd you.
You don't have to be ashamed to feel that way either. Hopefully this new group will rightly or wrongly always have the best interests of B.C. citizens at the forefront. The bought and paid for media hacks have long ago stopped providing the public with news and investigative journalism and are just editorial ****** to thier owners agenda.This link from onefish on a different thread written by Raif Mair a former Social Credit cabinet minister says it all. http://commonsensecanadian.ca/bc-hydro-real-debt-grown-1337-liberals-shouldnt-someone-call-cops/

This whole crap fest is nothing but political posturing by two weak governments that got out of hand. Notley needs to rally the troops because her successor (likely) is waiting in the wings. Classic turn the voters against an outside enemy and they forget your dismal performance . Us against them!

Horgan has to appease NDP lite Weaver,who is propping up his shaky government. If you listen closely, much like site C he says he wants to re look at things.The Greens and Notley take this to mean he’s going to stop the pipeline , something I don’t think he has ever said. Much like site C, he will pretend after due diligence he has decided he can’t stop the pipeline. It’ll be Trudeau’s fault, the line will be built, the unions will be happy ( his biggest supporters) and the enviroswill be happy because he tried but the Feds crammed it down his throat.

Where it got out of hand was when Notley threw gas on the fire, stopped an electricity negotiation, then went after BC wine. Not to mention that oddly enough and while denied, by Alberta, a BC Natural gas line has just recently been blocked in that Province. So can or can’t Provinces block each other’s lines? Anyway to sum up so far we one province threatening action and another taking action.

A much smarter move would have been for the Feds,Alberta and Kinder Morgan to post a cleanup bond, after all they’re sure a spill will never happen. This would have allayed the fears of the soft opposition to the pipeline. Instead this attack on BC has driven many of the undecided into the screw Alberta camp. Some folks just can’t be pushed without pushing back. Stupid moves on either side of the border that have put political power ahead of their citizens interest.

Anyway Alberta we still like you,

25% Alberta Gov, 25% B.C. Gov, 25% Fed Gov and 25% ownership to Chevron for running the refinery in Alberta so the oil being shipped is not raw bitumen. The ownership stakes can split the value of the upgrade over time. Everybody wins why is that so complicated?

I set up a yearly charter trip to the west coast with friends and work colleagues. I have had 3 pull out and lose their $500 deposit because of BC boycott. I was shocked they would walk away from the $$. I guess they are heading to Alaska.

Based on the small population sample, I think this summer could see much less Alberta & Saskatchewan tourists. But not me.

Last edited:
This
I set up a yearly charter trip to the west coast with friends and work colleagues. I have had 3 pull out and lose their $500 deposit because of BC boycott. I was shocked they would walk away from the $$. I guess they are heading to Alaska.

Based on the small population sample, I think this summer could see much less Alberta & Saskatchewan tourists

I should have noted that this is an observation. Both sides of this battle hurt everyday Canadians. I don't like to see any ones livelyhood affected.

Boycott away people! Maybe this will mean less traffic on the road as I caravan to and from the Island from Alberta.

Since the changes to halibut regs suck, rumours of chinook retention being affected, it will be a catch and release summer... maybe I’ll fill my freezer and every other void with BC wine and transport it back, old school prohibition style. I’ll make a fortune!

Mr Kenny has the fire to Notleys feet. Last night on the news she said there maybe more to come next week.

I have heard talk around Calgary about pinching the 6" avaiation pipeline that feeds the Vancouver airport. Key word is pinch & not close off as it's meant to disruption.

I have no idea if any truth behind this as it was just rumour about discussion that is happening in board rooms with government and I'm guessing suppliers.?.

Interesting to see what next week brings.

What worries me is that this show will get Albertains behind Notley and help her in the election....

Based on the small population sample, I think this summer could see much less Alberta & Saskatchewan tourists. But not me.
Well the prairie folk still seem to be coming our way. Booked a couple of groups of them in the last week

Here’s a compromise.

We work together to build a pipeline. Then, we flow BC wine into Alberta via the pipeline... after we recover what wine the boycot affected, we can flow bitumen back the other way?

Damn! I should be a negotiator. :D

Mr Kenny has the fire to Notleys feet. Last night on the news she said there maybe more to come next week.

I have heard talk around Calgary about pinching the 6" avaiation pipeline that feeds the Vancouver airport. Key word is pinch & not close off as it's meant to disruption.

I have no idea if any truth behind this as it was just rumour about discussion that is happening in board rooms with government and I'm guessing suppliers.?.

Interesting to see what next week brings.

What worries me is that this show will get Albertains behind Notley and help her in the election....
Exactly as planned. By the way wouldn’t pinching the line be an illegal act? I mean if threatening to do so is, which is what Notley is accusing Horgan of doing,wouldn’t actually doing it also be? My understanding is that Horgan Heroes talked about restricting the flow, which resulted in Nuttly starting an embargo of BC products. What a soap opera for the stupid. Sad if people start buying into this game, but sadly they will.

Here’s a compromise.

We work together to build a pipeline. Then, we flow BC wine into Alberta via the pipeline... after we recover what wine the boycot affected, we can flow bitumen back the other way?

Damn! I should be a negotiator. :D
So far the wine boycott has caused me to purchase a bunch of BC plunk. For the cause of course. I hear the next product she’s targeting is BC beer. I of course will do my best to take up the slack on that as well. May need a new liver before this scrap is over!

This whole crap fest is nothing but political posturing by two weak governments that got out of hand. Notley needs to rally the troops because her successor (likely) is waiting in the wings. Classic turn the voters against an outside enemy and they forget your dismal performance . Us against them!

Horgan has to appease NDP lite Weaver,who is propping up his shaky government. If you listen closely, much like site C he says he wants to re look at things.The Greens and Notley take this to mean he’s going to stop the pipeline , something I don’t think he has ever said. Much like site C, he will pretend after due diligence he has decided he can’t stop the pipeline. It’ll be Trudeau’s fault, the line will be built, the unions will be happy ( his biggest supporters) and the enviroswill be happy because he tried but the Feds crammed it down his throat.

Where it got out of hand was when Notley threw gas on the fire, stopped an electricity negotiation, then went after BC wine. Not to mention that oddly enough and while denied, by Alberta, a BC Natural gas line has just recently been blocked in that Province. So can or can’t Provinces block each other’s lines? Anyway to sum up so far we one province threatening action and another taking action.

A much smarter move would have been for the Feds,Alberta and Kinder Morgan to post a cleanup bond, after all they’re sure a spill will never happen. This would have allayed the fears of the soft opposition to the pipeline. Instead this attack on BC has driven many of the undecided into the screw Alberta camp. Some folks just can’t be pushed without pushing back. Stupid moves on either side of the border that have put political power ahead of their citizens interest.

Anyway Alberta we still like you,

Indeed we do and sympathize. Notley is just finding out how big a screwing over Albertans got when big oil corp and politicians became one and the same. On top of a 45 billion dollar provincial debt, big oil is in court saying the clean up for 150,000 leaking gas/oil wells is not their responsibility passing the buck over to Notley estimated could hit 8.6 billion dollars. Stockholm syndrome has a good chance of wearing off in Alberta. Notely is taking them to court stating that "Alberta needs to be protected". Seems BC just said that about BC. KM will not get built in this province. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/redw...ourt-1.4528996

Last edited:
God
Well the prairie folk still seem to be coming our way. Booked a couple of groups of them in the last week

Glad to hear that man. I hope it stays that way

Exactly as planned. By the way wouldn’t pinching the line be an illegal act? I mean if threatening to do so is, which is what Notley is accusing Horgan of doing,wouldn’t actually doing it also be? My understanding is that Horgan Heroes talked about restricting the flow, which resulted in Nuttly starting an embargo of BC products. What a soap opera for the stupid. Sad if people start buying into this game, but sadly they will.

I asked the same question if pinching the line would be illegal. Lots of different answers. Best one is yes, but it would take months to get to the courts and only days of it needed to inflict massive damage. Technically the wine embargo is illegal to.

When Mr Loughead was premier he did it on supply's going east to stick it to Trudeau SR. He didn't shut it off but restricted it in order to not punish the average Canadian due to fuel shortage. That's the time people started getting bumper stickers that said "let them eastern bastards freeze in the dark". (Ralph Klein was mayor of Calgary and started that).

History tends to repeat its self. Politicians tend to look to history for guiding what to do next. She is a smart politician who will do what it takes to get the love from a voter base who otherwise would never do.

I truly hope the Federal government will do its job and Step in & stop this ****. This civil fighting is BS.

Seafood in the middle of Canada ain't so sh*t hot. More oil versus status quo would still have me chomping at the bit to be enjoying the waters off Tofino.;)

In retribution....I am boycotting Edmonton....the second worst prairie city aside from Regina .

With love,

Former Pegger (and happy to be on the west coast) :D

Why don't we set up a border stop from Alberta to BC. Every Alberta plated vehicle will be stopped and the driver will be forced to drink a wine bottle full of Alberta bitumen if they want to continue on into BC. ;)

Seafood in the middle of Canada ain't so sh*t hot. More oil versus status quo would still have me chomping at the bit to be enjoying the waters off Tofino.;)

In retribution....I am boycotting Edmonton....the second worst prairie city aside from Regina .

With love,

Former Pegger (and happy to be on the west coast) :D

Haha me too Pippen. St. Boniface, and St Vitel 40 below winter no thanks... never again.

Why don't we set up a border stop from Alberta to BC. Every Alberta plated vehicle will be stopped and the driver will be forced to drink a wine bottle full of Alberta bitumen if they want to continue on into BC. ;)

It's already in our blood. We put that **** on or cereal in the morning.

Just......dumb...

I can buy Phillips beer in the beer store in birds hill, and damn glad I can too. Canadians against Canadians is just stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back