Alberta Wine War Please Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaelc

It's not going to change the world but the Alberta Government is funding a petition that has 21,000 signatures, but Rachel Notley is target 12,000 currently hard working people and their families with her boycott. If you enjoy wine and think the politicians should sit down over a good meal of BC red wine and Alberta steak, at their own expense please sign.

https://www.change.org/p/rachel-notley-end-the-alberta-wine-war

I could care less what Alberta does. They just cost me a project because of that wine mess. One of my clients bailed on a project we were doing for them because of this BS. They froze there capital spending for the Spring. All that does is punish all the small businesses across BC.

I'm hoping the rest of Canada supports a clean water B.C. and buys our wine to counteract Notley's whine.

I could care less what Alberta does. They just cost me a project because of that wine mess. One of my clients bailed on a project we were doing for them because of this BS. They froze there capital spending for the Spring. All that does is punish all the small businesses across BC.

As BC's b.s is causing many small businesses acrosss the country many jobs and much needed capital by illegally delaying a federally approved project.

Hurts doesn't it.

You guys just don't get it do you. It's not The big companies this delay is effecting they are still making money with that existing line and the other hundreds of lines they own. Its the small companies that are paying for this. Segments of these big lines are contracted out to large firms, those large firms in turn get a lot of their services from small family ran operations from across the country. The mom and pop welding companies that are waiting to get started on building the line equipment. They've gotten the sub contracts, bought the tools and equipment to start but are now sitting waiting to get at it. The small local trucking companies along the line that have been promised work hauling gravel, dirt, equipment waiting to get at it. The local family owned rental companies waiting to get their tools and small equipment on the job. You can not imagine the amount of work and equipment that goes into a project like this. The actual work on the line itself is only one aspect of the bigger picture. So much grief being felt across the country by a few uninformed idealists holding up a nation wide project.

Absolutely shameful in so many ways.

Last edited:
You may not care what Alberta does but many other businesses may, if the oil sands companies get together and stop using BC companies as some of their suppliers. There are a lot of folks that seem to think that BC receives no benefit from Alberta oil but an article I read said in 2016 or 2017 there was over a billion dollars worth of goods and services to the oil sands industry that directly came from BC businesses. Lets hope they don't go down that road and chose to take their business elsewhere. Many more businesses than yours will be affected if that happens and it will pale in comparison to the 60-80 million in wine sales to Alberta.

Of course I read that on the internet somewhere so it's probably just FAKE news.

As BC's b.s is causing many small businesses acrosss the country many jobs and much needed capital by illegally delaying a federally approved project.

Hurts doesn't it.

You guys just don't get it do you. It's not The big companies this delay is effecting they are still making money with that existing line and the other hundreds of lines they own. Its the small companies that are paying for this. Segments of these big lines are contracted out to large firms, those large firms in turn get a lot of their services from small family ran operations from across the country. The mom and pop welding companies that are waiting to get started on building the line equipment. They've gotten the sub contracts, bought the tools and equipment to start but are now sitting waiting to get at it. The small local trucking companies along the line that have been promised work hauling gravel, dirt, equipment waiting to get at it. The local family owned rental companies waiting to get their tools and small equipment on the job. You can not imagine the amount of work and equipment that goes into a project like this. The actual work on the line itself is only one aspect of the bigger picture. So much grief being felt across the country by a few uninformed idealists holding up a nation wide project.

Exactly what have they delayed so far? Nothing near as I can tell! Yet Alberta has in fact stopped the sale of wine, so who is being the petulant child. Take your pick, but from where I stand BC has said they might look at taking an action Alberta already has. Notley is sure helping the anti pipeline sentiment! Maybe it’s an NDP plot lol.

I don't want to mean and I feel the pain. I have been there. I know the oil sands, and what happens. What I am getting at is how is it that you say my business should suffer just because your contract can't proceed? It has nothing to do with us. Trade wars are stupid and hurts little businesses. What is happening across BC isn't right.

Hurts doesn't it.

So basically what you are saying is I should shut up, and its good that we lost work. That makes zero sense.

Multinational say jump and and we get a trade war that hurts wine business deep in the heart of the BC conservative stronghold. Well played Alberta. Me.... I like BC wine and have already picked up a nice red to share with my best girl.

Alberta.... may I suggest your next target.... BC Atlantic Salmon.

Alberta.... may I suggest your next target.... BC Atlantic Salmon.

I'm already there a long time ago GLG. But yes maybe that's something a guy should be pushing his MLA on, and not because it's BC but just because.

SpringVelocity :
never just sit back and shut up. If this is effecting you then write Horgan and your MLA and tell them that their actions are effecting real people not just the big companies but real people, small companies on both sides of the border and in more than one industry. It's needless pain boys because in the end the line is going through anyways so why the show boating.

There are millions of dollars going into a media campaign and a petition that is being funded by the Alberta government, but this post is not about that. I'm not a fan of the head of the NPD who the majority of BC did not vote to elect. The move by Alberta to stop purchasing/negotiating for power purchases with BC is well targeted as it is directed at the BC Government. Going after a relatively small industry that has nothing to do with this dispute between two elected officials is wrong. Boycotting and targeting the funders of the BC NDP would be a much better idea in my opinion, but once again this thread is not about targeting or supporting anyone other then the BC Wine Industry. I was at an event last night with BC and Alberta business owners and we all drank BC wine and will continue to do so, thanks for your support if you are willing to give it.

Signed and forwarded to my peeps.

Alberta has a wine industry too

BC wine:6BF98EAC-53E8-476A-BD46-B513DA5B9FAE.jpeg

Only ours is spelt without an “h”.

Alberta whine:

2E4A66A1-8199-445E-85B8-583899238390.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back