US Military Jamming GPS Feb and March

A good test of their systems, but it shows how much we depend on tecnology. Oh well will have to use cell phone GPS if i am ever out that late:rolleyes:

I doubt the US can shut down GLONASS. So if your plotters run GLONASS or you have a receiver like the Garmin Glo you can still navigate.
Travel safe
Stosh

Haha, back in the good old days the US military employed selective availability on GPS. Every twelve hours or so, we would find a fixed mark and correct our position on the plotter.
Plus you always had paper charts as a security blanket.
Don't be lazy and look away from your screens! It's a beautiful world out there.

Many militaries are investing in digital celestial navigation. GPS spoofing is a reality and satellites are vulnerable. Aircraft, tanks, ships all with a unit the size of a bread maker. Going to be useful once some idiot traps us in a bubble of space debris.

Space debris now including a stupid electric car.
You do know what you call that "stupid electric car" is on it's way to an orbit around the sun that is beyond Mars. It is attached to a second stage rocket and it should orbit out there for around a billion years. The three rocket boosters that put it into earth orbit returned back to be reused. Two landed near where it was launched and the third one missed the autonomous landing barge and was lost. The two ferring panels did not reach orbit and burned up returning to earth as planned. There is no debris from this new way of launching rockets so you can rest easy with this new knowledge. Here is an animation that shows how it works. Oh and it's not a stupid electric car....... it's a Tesla Roadster, welcome to the future.

I share my opinion with Janes Defence. The less junk in space the better and private actors pose an ever increasing threat to our continued access to space. The second stage is currently in an unpredicted orbit, that is a multi ton chunk of debris hidden in plain view as a publicity stunt.

Also any car selling for over $100k that can't keep up with with a Ford Focus on a road course is in my opinion a stupid car.

I share my opinion with Janes Defence. The less junk in space the better and private actors pose an ever increasing threat to our continued access to space. The second stage is currently in an unpredicted orbit, that is a multi ton chunk of debris hidden in plain view as a publicity stunt.

Also any car selling for over $100k that can't keep up with with a Ford Focus on a road course is in my opinion a stupid car.
Why don't you share some links to backup your claims.

43 seconds of spirited driving before reduced power mode sounds awesome.
Wonder if the had a p100d if they would get the same results? You know one that is made to do what this test ask for. There is no doubt that the potential of electric cars are going to be where we see the future of high performance. There is a reason that porsche is going electric and spending billions on their program. It's what their customers want... performance.

And back in the real world.....

Ultimate performance is the next horizon. Where is the race for 2020? It's between these two.

Did you find a link to back up this claim?

Look, when somebody says they are sending their car to Mars and then starts mumbling about Asteroids I chalked it up as a miss. The shuttle also reused boosters as a publicity talking point and it cost money and lives. Rocket motors are disposable because they can't be rebuilt as good as new following the heat cycling and fuel abrasion of the internal surfaces. As for junk generation, stage 2 is junk that is generated.
I think Electric cars are the future. However not the ones currently on offer, they are of no interest to me. I would accept the reduced range in a commuter for the same purchase price as a mid sized gas car. In my opinion the money saved in fuel would be a good trade off for the inconveniences. Right now however no one gets their money back. 10 years from now I might actually be driving an electric car, but I doubt it because I expect them to be much more economical than gas vehicles or the same price and capable of driving to the ski hill and back without me having to look for a charging station.
However I do think one company is doing a great job in the EV world. Pipistrel with Their Alpha Trainer. Crap range and endurance, but the same purchase price with a 70% reduction in operating costs. The math works. Just like paper charts when the GPS doesn't.

Is this not a derailment of the thread? I believe the discussion is about GPS being jammed.

Back