When to use hoochie inserts

I like mine OCD neat....I go to great lengths to rig the hoochy so there is only one hook at the back that does not interfere with the body of the hoochy.

When you use the two hook tandem method the first hook splays the hoochy tentacles around as the hooks twist inside the hoochy due to flasher rotation.

Personally I think when that happens the hoochy doesn't have much of a "baitfish" look any more......
I like it so the water goes over the hoochy and keeps the body as trim, compact and as smooth as possible.

But that's just me......others may become violently reciprocal.....

Franko Manini...I'll try that next time I want to straighten out an insert........:cool:

If you are trying to keep the hootchie near perfect shaped, with the hook behind the skirt, do you cut a few tentacles to show some of the insert. Like adding a little extra flash, but keeping a sleek baitfish profile and most of the colour choice of the selected hootchie.

^ Woah, that's actually a good idea!

Was just thinking 'what about those Ace high flys', haven't ever caught anything with the one I have, but I really haven't dragged it that long, maybe that's what I will do with it!
Cheers
^ Woah, that's actually a good idea!

Was just thinking 'what about those Ace high flys', haven't ever caught anything with the one I have, but I really haven't dragged it that long, maybe that's what I will do with it!
Cheers
Hang a chartuese spatter back or the army truck ace behind a green mountain dew hot spot flasher. Works really well for me.

Does anyone know if bulk mylar like this is still available anywhere for hoochie inserts? This is my dads stuff from back in the day.

Attachments

• PSX_20180215_092930.jpg
    PSX_20180215_092930.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 109
The quality of the GSB’s is amazing. The problem for retailers is that they last too long. I’d say easily 10x that of a hoochie. Incredibly durable, super lifelike in the water and have a great glow. Oh and for those of you that have never tried Rig-Raps, there is no better way to keep your rigs organized and your line in good condition.

Attachments

• C642FB23-3918-4A1E-B357-386F96F9595B.png
    C642FB23-3918-4A1E-B357-386F96F9595B.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
The quality of the GSB’s is amazing. The problem for retailers is that they last too long. I’d say easily 10x that of a hoochie. Incredibly durable, super lifelike in the water and have a great glow. Oh and for those of you that have never tried Rig-Raps, there is no better way to keep your rigs organized and your line in good condition.

I like cut up straws. Take up less room :)

Attachments

• DSC_2143.JPG
    DSC_2143.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 123
Hang a chartuese spatter back or the army truck ace behind a green mountain dew hot spot flasher. Works really well for me.
Holy thread revival!
Good topic though.
WW after you have 40 of those Rig-Raps with bling hanging out of them, how do you keep them organized and ready to roll? I have a system, but there's gotta be a better way.

fb

Holy thread revival!
Good topic though.
WW after you have 40 of those Rig-Raps with bling hanging out of them, how do you keep them organized and ready to roll? I have a system, but there's gotta be a better way.

fb
They fit perfectly in a deep 3700 tray lying on their side. If I’m not working OT again I’ll post a pic later.

The trick is to avoid kinks or too much compression which can lead to your line being coiled even while trolling a spoon. When a fish hits there could be slack in the line due to the coils. I’ve seen it several times on videos right on this site. Having 4” of slack before the hook sinks into the lip could be the difference in catching or not. I’m also OCD so take that for what it’s worth lol.

Ooooh, I see some Grand Slam Bucktails in there. Those are beauties! Definitely the hottest lure for me in Campbell River last summer.

I was out there in Aug 2016 and seemed to have more luck with the Aces, particularly the army truck with Springs and BIG wild Coho. Granted tho I didnt hang the GSs out as much. I have some of the newer colors coming in the mail. Ill be out there July fishing out of Salmon Point. Can't wait.

Where do you get those rigwraps,WW2230 if you don't mind me asking?

They se
Where do you get those rigwraps,WW2230 if you don't mind me asking?
l get them at The Tackle Shack in Pacific Playgrounds. I think $12 for a 4 pack. They are very fast to both put away and transition to a new one color etc. You get the hang of it quick. I use them for my ‘go to’s’.

They se

l get them at The Tackle Shack in Pacific Playgrounds. I think $12 for a 4 pack. They are very fast to both put away and transition to a new one color etc. You get the hang of it quick. I use them for my ‘go to’s’.

It amazes me at what all that place carries. No bones about it, I think it is one of if not the most angler oriented businesses I've been to. Two thumbs up for the Tackle Shack.

Thanks WW.I sent you a PM before reading this so disregard the questions about the Rig-Wraps.I'll contact the Tackle Shack personally and see if they'll ship a couple of packs to me here down island.I'll keep in touch with you about the Miller Marine
stuff your getting ready to order here in the near future.And thanks again.

I use the foam blocks and wrap the leaders around them, but they tend to come loose and get a bit tangled sometimes.

Thanks WW.I sent you a PM before reading this so disregard the questions about the Rig-Wraps.I'll contact the Tackle Shack personally and see if they'll ship a couple of packs to me here down island.I'll keep in touch with you about the Miller Marine
stuff your getting ready to order here in the near future.And thanks again.
The Tackle Shack doesn't open till April 1st.

I use the foam blocks and wrap the leaders around them, but they tend to come loose and get a bit tangled sometimes.
I spent all of last weekend thinking about how to minimize kinks without sacrificing tackle space! This cold and wind is getting really frustrating!

This is what I came up with, and the foam boards replace my plastic tackle trays! (spoons have their own separate box. This is just for teasers and hoochies)

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_184127451.jpg
    IMG_20180218_184127451.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 72
Back