Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see this boat do anything suspicious....or fish in a closed area....ORR. They are multiple time offenders and were stopped and busted for Fishing without licenses and Fishing in closed areas. The operator of the vessel is the guide. The Marina where this boat moors continues to allow them to moor, despite complaints which have been brought forward. 9FC30EAE-8024-4C6D-A964-F21C0EFBD838.jpeg

Same old outfit with the white kingfisher and the Grady that sank a couple years ago. Proof positive that dfo has no teeth to deal with commercial poaching operations.

But they will pull traps in a closed area? Seems like they are very selective with there enforcement.

little taste of what 200 dollars a head gets you on one of the zip fishing charters!

Sickening.

Call violations in every time. Their “luck” will run out eventually. A little harassment may also dissuade.

PS - 2 coast guard vessels were on the prowl last Sunday. Good to see a presence in the sound.

Attachments

• B1D21FF4-32AE-473B-89FA-37DE16F16C09.png
    B1D21FF4-32AE-473B-89FA-37DE16F16C09.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 85
Dam nobody's been out last couple days eh, I'm heading out tomorrow to see if I can find those two dam wondering trap sets lol and of course fish for the day ,gonna try tunstil first or grace then work my back , if anyone else is heading out let me know cause if I find some fish I will let ya knowor vice versa !!

Ya I got two last Monday in that area I out the crab traps down at the end of the day for 45 and decided to troll for the soak time and it said off and got some decent size crab

Well I guess the winds changed my mind doesn't look good for me for the whole weekend in my little boat lol.

Finally replaced my prawn traps and rope lost a couple of months ago off south Bowen. As a heads up I had 3 traps on the line and doubled orange buoys. 2 traps were the round collapsible kind and one was the round commercial type, just in case anyone out there happens upon them. They were well marked but I assume with the weather it's worn off.\

Here's a question: Regulations say 4 prawn traps/person - does this include dropping the traps or just the pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back