Tomic Plug Hooks

Now you are making me go DEEP into my memory banks...Okay, the original RVP series had a 'Plaid' insert. RVP2 (2nd generation) was switched to a iridescent insert that has UV properties. The nose is bright orange and the belly either has a glow stripe from from to back about 1" wide or a chartreuse stripe (less common).

As for using them deep. I had tremendous success with them last summer fishing at times 300' in Campbell River. I'm also less concerned with matching the baitfish to the size of the plug. IMO they create/entice reaction bites. All or most of those fish that are down south at some point eat big herring. Last summer in CR I caught many salmon that had 10"+ herring in their belly. It's not like it's a foreign entity to them. I prefer Tubby's over the classics...

WW
I you are better at fishing than me. I am happy to just catch 10” fish.

Now you are making me go DEEP into my memory banks...Okay, the original RVP series had a 'Plaid' insert. RVP2 (2nd generation) was switched to a iridescent insert that has UV properties. The nose is bright orange and the belly either has a glow stripe from from to back about 1" wide or a chartreuse stripe (less common).

As for using them deep. I had tremendous success with them last summer fishing at times 300' in Campbell River. I'm also less concerned with matching the baitfish to the size of the plug. IMO they create/entice reaction bites. All or most of those fish that are down south at some point eat big herring. Last summer in CR I caught many salmon that had 10"+ herring in their belly. It's not like it's a foreign entity to them. I prefer Tubby's over the classics...

WW

Some good points. The most I had in one fish were 3 herring in the stomach, all around that 8-10" size, couldn't believe it. It was a 23 pounder on the RVP2#500uvbii. Also agree about enticing reaction bites. This fish would be a perfect example.

I've heard there is an ample supply of certain plug types at the Tackle Shack?

Some good points. The most I had in one fish were 3 herring in the stomach, all around that 8-10" size, couldn't believe it. It was a 23 pounder on the RVP2#500uvbii. Also agree about enticing reaction bites. This fish would be a perfect example.

I've heard there is an ample supply of certain plug types at the Tackle Shack?
The tackle shack is great! If they don’t have the plugs you want they can order it in the spring. I’m getting my list ready!

Thanks for the RVP history lesson WW. Many years ago I talked to some troller on Cortes Island about them catching big Springs down in the 400ft range SE end of Quadra.

Back