Status
Not open for further replies.
I marked lots of fish and bait from 25-40 feet tunstil but didn't try that high ! Didn't find my traps either so they either drifted out but I doubt that because I had 15 pounds a weight in them or someone needed them more then me !!

Stingray did you drop your traps at roger curtis? I was last boat out of Tunstall Sunday saw a trap with two red and white floats. They were barely a float and disappearing with the big waves.

Got my two keepers on Skinny-G’s around tunstall within 15 minutes of having gear down. Also managed to bring up a halibut on that same spoon.
Well I'd love to know your secret because I'm not doing very well so far this year lol.

Man I put in work today with nada. Over at Grace there was two guys in a small whaler that just couldn't keep the little guys off! I would have happily had that action. Does anyone know if Grace fishes the same as Tunstall (down in the mud)
That was me in buddy' new to him whaler, shake down run. Took us a while to figure out where they were hiding today, like u said all undersize. Grace can have a few hiding places for fish, from the mud in tight to the mooring buoys out to the edge of the shelf and even falling of the shelf. Takes a while to cover em all off but when u hit one it pays to repeat (hence the crazy Ivans in between you guys!) Very little bait to speak of today so dont get too stuck on the usual size spoons Just couldnt drag up big brother today.

Stingray did you drop your traps at roger curtis? I was last boat out of Tunstall Sunday saw a trap with two red and white floats. They were barely a float and disappearing with the big waves.
Ya could of been one of mine had a smaller float attached them to !!

Well I'd love to know your secret because I'm not doing very well so far this year lol.
I will gladly tell you if you can tell me how to catch prawns!!!!

I managed 6 prawns last time out a couple weeks ago and pulled up 5 today of which one was tossed back as it had eggs...

2 traps, 3 hr soak, 350ft, lots of weight, south of bowen, carlyle tuna for bait...ARG!!!

I go around 250 and use any fish with oil !! And seems to work ok for me ,finding new spots with the closure has been fun though lol

It was just around the corner of the lighthouse at roger curtis
Ya it could of moved I checked for a hour or so and had them marked on my gps and usually they never move but it did het nasty out , went back today and didn't see a sign of them .

I will gladly tell you if you can tell me how to catch prawns!!!!

I managed 6 prawns last time out a couple weeks ago and pulled up 5 today of which one was tossed back as it had eggs...

2 traps, 3 hr soak, 350ft, lots of weight, south of bowen, carlyle tuna for bait...ARG!!!
Yah I'm more of a 270-290 kinda guy. I make a mix of pellets, Carlyle, Totem fish fertilizer and a bit of prawn oil. I let it soak in a bucket for a day then fill the bait cans at home and put them in a Ziploc for transport. The s*** stinks like all bloody hell. I also found the double float helps with trap movement. One small yellow first then 5'-10' of line and the big orange one on the end if the line. Ummmmmmm what else? I drop "uphill". I drag my traps a little before letting them free fall to spread them out. I go trap - weight - trap - weight. Sometimes I use glow stuff but dont think it makes a difference. Only fill your cans half way. I think that's it... now you go. :)

Tried Tunstall for a couple hrs mid morning in with nothing but a good tangle to show for it. Decided to try the waterfall and picked up 2 in an hour. Both about 190' on the sounder. One was undersize so went back, the other was a legal. Irish cream skinny-g.

Yah I'm more of a 270-290 kinda guy. I make a mix of pellets, Carlyle, Totem fish fertilizer and a bit of prawn oil. I let it soak in a bucket for a day then fill the bait cans at home and put them in a Ziploc for transport. The s*** stinks like all bloody hell. I also found the double float helps with trap movement. One small yellow first then 5'-10' of line and the big orange one on the end if the line. Ummmmmmm what else? I drop "uphill". I drag my traps a little before letting them free fall to spread them out. I go trap - weight - trap - weight. Sometimes I use glow stuff but dont think it makes a difference. Only fill your cans half way. I think that's it... now you go. :)

Perfect, so a straight can of cat food is my weakness...

I stayed away from the crowds today at Tunstall and was about 10ft off the bottom, lemon-lime green Gibbs flasher with a Bon Chovy Skinny G worked for 2 keepers and the hali. My other side got a shaker but didn't stick - was a Bon Chovy flasher and an 'outfitter' SkinnyG. Felt like easy fishing today:)

Was in about 1-120ft of water total.

Also, don't know if it made a difference but I kept my gear in direct sunlight for entire ride out today to ensure it was full of glow;)

Probably a flounder, if anyone heads by Roger Curtis today and sees some traps wondering around 3 red and white buoys on one and one big red buoy and yellow container on the other if ya find I got a deal for ya lol

Anyone out today by tunstil ,I have heard if a couple reports that my traps are out a bit just of the lighthouse and if someone has seen today I would take the day off to go get them .any info appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back