Horrible Horgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think about Horgan’s stance on the KMorgan pipeline and Justine’s cocky response?

its all a farce. Horgan knows that BCs hands are tied and the projects going ahead. He’s already ok’d site c and is pursuing LNG so he has to make a show of “standing up for bc” and the “environment” on a decision that’s already been made. Trudeau knows too so has no real worries there, thus the low key response. Notleys the
real problem. She never stops whining.

I’d like to know where the “Green Gladiator” Weaver is in all this? Haven’t heard from him since he sided
With Horgan on site C. Oh he piped up a bit when Horgan was over seas courting the LNG companies but went back into hiding right after that. Green hahaha , yeah right.

I’d like to know where the “Green Gladiator” Weaver is in all this? Haven’t heard from him since he sided
With Horgan on site C. Oh he piped up a bit when Horgan was over seas courting the LNG companies but went back into hiding right after that. Green hahaha , yeah right.

Here is the place to watch these folks that I use.
Will have to wait till a new leader of the Lib's for their twitter account.

https://twitter.com/AJWVictoriaBC
https://twitter.com/jjhorgan
https://twitter.com/BCLiberalCaucus

Money is fleeing Canada for much more favorable pastures down south. Everyone had better keep that in mind.

Without a strong economy, human rights and environmental protection become a distant priority.

Money is fleeing Canada for much more favorable pastures down south. Everyone had better keep that in mind.

Without a strong economy, human rights and environmental protection become a distant priority.
This is so important and people rarely recognize it. If you have a full belly and your mortgage is covered and your gas tank is full, it's pretty easy to start thinking about whether old trees are getting cut down or if killer whales are sufficiently comfortable.

The minute your job starts to look shaky and your kids start asking about dinner, you'll club a flock of baby marbled murrelets to death with a rock if it means another month of security. There's a reason the green movement is primarily a first world phenomenon, and that the exceptions are either driven by recent economic success, as in China, or by desperation, as in Tuvalu (whose environmental movement is basically just asking other people to do things on their behalf).

Well, Horgan now has his hands full.
Thankfully Wilkinson beat out Surrey's version of Crispy II for leadership of the Libs.
He is a firearm owner, hunters and fisherman.
I cannot wait to work with him to oust the clowns currently residing in a position they do not belong in.

Cheers,
Nog

Seriously - all people want to do is **** all over anyone else...

If you can do so much better, get into politics and make it happen so we can All be happy... Frig

Speaking of a strong economy, what’s BC’s main GDP engine right now? Tourism and services? energy? manufacturing? Construction? I really can’t tell, other than the real estate sector in south coast, where else are we absorbing investments and generating jobs?

What direction are we moving in for the next 5-10 years to make sure the middle class can still put food on the table, general public gets reasonable quality of public services , our wildlife and environment’s protected from risks, and our children and elderly being looked after? Besides blaming the previous regime, federal government and other entities, does the NDP government have a vision of where this province is heading in terms of economy, finance and jobs?

And i don’t have to get into politics to get an answer to my questions. If those who get paid through our taxes can show a degree of competence and do their jobs properly, we wouldn’t all need to become politicians.

Last edited:
Speaking of economy, what’s BC’s main GDP engine right now? Tourism and services? energy? manufacturing? Construction? I really can’t tell other than the real estate in south coast, where else are we absorbing investments and generating jobs?

What direction are we moving in for the next 5-10 years to make sure the middle class can still put food on the table, general public gets reasonable quality of public services , our wildlife and environment’s protected from risks, and our children and elderly being looked after? Besides blaming the previous regime, federal government and other entities, does the NDP government have a vision of where this province is heading in terms of economy, finance and jobs?
I believe the current plan is "dig a giant moat along the borders, tow it very slightly offshore, and sell the whole thing to Beijing".

To be fair I think that's been the plan at both the provincial and federal level for longer than one election cycle. Still, pretty repugnant. I understand the desire to protect BC's environment as much as anyone, but sooner or later, we either build an actual industry-based economy, or we just sell everything the Chinese want to buy and live the glamourous life of locals in a resort town. I think the province has been insulated against the economic train wreck that's unfolding here because so many people own property and are in public sector jobs so they don't actually need to turn a profit, and at the same time they're getting richer at least on paper from their real estate. The entry level jobs are still being filled by dreamer kids who have bought into the idea of BC as Canada's California, but there's really not a healthy midrange. I think that's about to catch up with us as Vancouver commercial leases start to renew and businesses which are already facing a potentially hostile administration are also hit by current market rent.

But we'll see, I guess.

Speaking of a strong economy, what’s BC’s main GDP engine right now? Tourism and services? energy? manufacturing? Construction? I really can’t tell, other than the real estate sector in south coast, where else are we absorbing investments and generating jobs?

And i don’t have to get into politics to get an answer to my questions. If those who get paid through our taxes can show a degree of competence and do their jobs properly, we wouldn’t all need to become politicians.

Great question. It's important to see what the trend is if you are looking to advise someone that is preparing to get into the workforce or for investing into the future. Right off the bat though I would keep an eye on NAFTA and the protectionism that is sweeping the brain trust (or lack of it) of our friends to the south .

There are many resources on the net that may answer the question, I'll poke around and post some links.
Till then here is a few
http://www.rbc.com/economics/economic-reports/pdf/provincial-forecasts/bc.pdf
http://www.conferenceboard.ca/

The beauty of BC is that we don't have just one main GDP engine... We are diversified. Kinda like relying on one stock in your stock portfolio, rather than a bunch of stocks for safety.

The beauty of BC is that we don't have just one main GDP engine... We are diversified. Kinda like relying on one stock in your stock portfolio, rather than a bunch of stocks for safety.

Yep you only gotta look east to see what happens if all your eggs are in one basket.

Mr Horgan has proved to be very adept at political maneuvering. He's keeping a lot of balls in the air - approving site C one minute, roadblocking Kinder Morgan the next. A bump in the minimum wage, ban the grizzly hunt... both sides of the street are being worked. I'd say he's doing a fairly good job of balancing all the key tasks faced by a minority government: grandstanding to lower mainland core voters, maintaining Green support, blaming the past government, and providing some juicy pork for the party faithful. Is he actually formulating good policy? Ummm....

This is so important and people rarely recognize it. If you have a full belly and your mortgage is covered and your gas tank is full, it's pretty easy to start thinking about whether old trees are getting cut down or if killer whales are sufficiently comfortable.

The minute your job starts to look shaky and your kids start asking about dinner, you'll club a flock of baby marbled murrelets to death with a rock if it means another month of security. There's a reason the green movement is primarily a first world phenomenon, and that the exceptions are either driven by recent economic success, as in China, or by desperation, as in Tuvalu (whose environmental movement is basically just asking other people to do things on their behalf).

100% agreed and could well represent a fitting epitaph for **** sapiens. Herein lies a virus that consumed it's host thereby becoming extinct itself. The human population is a planetary wrecking ball, at present 7.6 billion on its way to 9 billion within 25 yrs (but unlikely to last that long).

I believe the current plan is "dig a giant moat along the borders, tow it very slightly offshore, and sell the whole thing to Beijing".

To be fair I think that's been the plan at both the provincial and federal level for longer than one election cycle. Still, pretty repugnant. I understand the desire to protect BC's environment as much as anyone, but sooner or later, we either build an actual industry-based economy, or we just sell everything the Chinese want to buy and live the glamourous life of locals in a resort town. I think the province has been insulated against the economic train wreck that's unfolding here because so many people own property and are in public sector jobs so they don't actually need to turn a profit, and at the same time they're getting richer at least on paper from their real estate. The entry level jobs are still being filled by dreamer kids who have bought into the idea of BC as Canada's California, but there's really not a healthy midrange. I think that's about to catch up with us as Vancouver commercial leases start to renew and businesses which are already facing a potentially hostile administration are also hit by current market rent.

But we'll see, I guess.
.... "build" options... Cascadia is getting another look and US citizens, so located within are pushing this again. Against China economics, this economy would be a power house and geographically amazing. The deep divide USA with Trump a factor. I say, we are living in interesting times.

"Cascadia is a unique coastal bioregion that defines the Pacific Northwest of the United States and Canada, as defined through the watersheds of the Fraser and Columbia watersheds. It incorporates all of or parts of southern Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Northern California." https://www.cascadianow.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back