Yamaha 150 owners...quick question

AndrewH

I am trying to figure out how I am going to power my new build and I priced out a new yammy 150, they are going to offer either an extended 2 yrs warranty OR $1000 additional rebate.

I am wondering how many of you guys that have Yammy 150's have made a warranty claim on them and what was the approx. hours when 'things went sideways' for them.

thanks!

My used 150 yammi has been great and dont believe the original owner had any warranty claims from talking to him. I think you would get more use out of that 1000 in your pocket then that 2 year extended warranty. Just my opinion

Not to highjack your yamaha thread and I don’t know what SS you bought ? I had a 18 HT challenger with a new merc 150 and it was awesome. Hard to beat the new merc 150 Big displacement, less moving parts and light weight. Also the merc 150 selling price is very good. Just my thoughts.

Ya it looks to be a toss-up between the merc and yammy 150. Going on an 18'6 Challenger HT...

I had that exact boat I bought from inlet marine with the merc 150. I was very happy with it and I loved the smart craft gauge worth the extra couple of bucks. You can pm me if you like more info

I have twin 2006 150’s on a 25 Grady. They have just over 3000 hours on them and still going strong.

I have had no major issues besides basic wear and tear. Plugs, impellers, fuel filters, stuff like that.

I would put another set on in a heart beat. Just not sure when these on s are going to die

You won’t be disappointed with them

I have twin 2008 150 yamis. I got a free 6 year warranty upgrade when i bought them and boat in 2010 since the econmy was so down. Never had a single issue with either one. Turn the key and they go all day.
Same as above. Due the maintance and look after them and they will look after you.
I agree with all the above comments too.

So far so good on my 20 thunder jet but i do the maintenance on it every year and run the additive in the fuel because it does not get a lot of hours in a year :)

I've had inboard, Merc outboards and Yamaha F150. New boat will have a Yamaha, likely F200 and I'll take the rebate over extended warranty as long as it's a Yamaha. Great motors

Back