Please help: Stag for May.

Steve

Hi All, I posted this request in the Saltwater section be we are not opposed to freshwater fishing.

I have to plan a stag for May/June of this year and the groom has never even attempted to catch a fish. I really want him to be able to catch something. It will be around 6 guys or so. Can you recommend something, along the fraser or the vedder? Maybe where we can do some camping as well?

Thanks all.

Possibly St Mary's lake on Salt Spring, give them a call?? Bass and trout, camping for a couple nights, organize some games with prizes. I do think freshwater has its benefits, cheaper, easier to organize weather wise, safer. Good luck whatever you do, remember, its all about memories.

Many years ago I attended a "2 night stag" at Lizard Lake here on the Island. Best Man booked all sites in the walk in section=noise and drinking easier on other campers. Ooh what a time we had, even caught fish.

HM

Also, you might want to double check with the venue/accomodation, or you know, not tell them you are booking for a stag. Some places have a "no stag" policy.

Good points, best to ask groom what he wants and expectations. No good on ocean if groom gets deathly sea sick, also be up front with venue's they may have ideas, extras or specials.

HM

Pitt lake adventure center has many large canoes for rent .250 yards across the river from the launch at the center is Widgon slough and creek, paddle up 4k widgon creek to remote beaches for outback wilderness camping and hiking.

Thanks to all who have posted and I'll keep this in mind for future trips... but the groom decided he wanted to go on a house boat on Sproat Lake!

Thanks to all who have posted and I'll keep this in mind for future trips... but the groom decided he wanted to go on a house boat on Sproat Lake!
Awsome choice! Did this one year Canada day long weekend. What a great time! Dont forget a fishing rod.

Back