Lifetimer 2200 cabin reviews

NDT

I'm in the planning/budgeting stages of a build. I am looking to buy a bare hull and complete it with my son. I would use it for mainly fishing with the family, 5 of us.
I've been looking at differenet builders around BC via the web. I came across the lifetimer 2200 pictured below. From what I can tell, they don't come on the used market often.

Anyone ever been on one or own one? Ride, construction, durability, etc.?

I like the idea of twin 115 engines, but never owned or been on a boat with twin outboards. Thoughts??

Any info on this or other manufactures models would be much appreciated. I'm looking into which manufacturers would sell just a complete bare hull.

Looked at Wolf, Silver Steak, NAC, lifetimer so far, some very nice boats on these

Thanks for any info in advance.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    863.6 KB · Views: 260
You could go with a Cope design and have it cutout and welded up at Custom Express. Just saw one that came out recently and it was pretty nice and the price for hull and cabin was pretty good too. This is not one of Express's design but a pure Cope.

Reactions: NDT
My neighbor has a beautiful boat built by Broadwater a few years ago. It is around 20-22. I have fished many days in all weather on it. Great hull. Worth checking them out: http://www.broadwaterindustries.ca/services/custom-aluminium-boats My buddy found his own engine etc and I think they installed if I recall. I have never dealt with them, but I am sure they would do bare hull or help with your needs.

Thanks @silversands, those are nice looking hulls, definitely one to consider!

I’ve ridden in the 22 Lifetmer a few times and was not overly impressed at how narrow it felt. Get one guy on the rail and it would list quite a bit. The cabin was also a step down which I was not a fan of. That being said I didn’t ride in any big stuff so no idea how the hull handles slop.

Lots of builders on the island will put together a cope for you. I like some of the cope hulls and some I’m not a fan of (I built a 16.5 Barkley sounder). I would definitely research the specific hull and find owners before going this route.

Wolf makes a really nice 22.5 but I would be suprised if he would build you a bare hull. As mentioned, Broadwater might.

You could go with a Cope design and have it cutout and welded up at Custom Express. Just saw one that came out recently and it was pretty nice and the price for hull and cabin was pretty good too. This is not one of Express's design but a pure Cope.

Thanks @RedFish, you wouldn't happen to know the model of cope would you? I'll search some cope design tonight after work

My 2 cents. If you are getting an Al. hull/boat made don't get the hull painted. I have seen some god awful messes once Al corrosion gets going under the paint. Huge areas of large cracking bubbling with deep white powder Al. rust/corrosion underneath the paint on otherwise great boats. Anti-fouling paint on the bottom is not a problem as long as it is specifically formulated for Al.

Last edited:
Excellent advice Rockfish, spend the money on proper bottom paint and leave the topsides nekkid!

I've been on that exact boat with 115 yamahas but only for a couple hour cruise . It had enough power to cruise nicely with 7 people on it but I found the boat to be very basic and fairly small . Having an enclosed cabin on a 22' boat doesn't leave much fishing room. For the money youll be into it for id go 24' but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
My 2 cents. If you are getting an Al. hull/boat made don't get the hull painted. I have seen some god awful messes once Al corrosion gets going under the paint. Huge areas of large cracking bubbling with deep white powder Al. rust/corrosion underneath the paint on otherwise great boats. Anti-fouling paint on the bottom is not a problem as long as it is specifically formulated for Al.

Great point! I like the look of bare aluminum and seen lots of boats with scratched/rubbed paint from docking/bumpers. I would be putting bottom paint on it only.

Looking at the cope designs website, the winter harbour 23ft model looks interesting. Anyone been on one? Forward/short cabin design has a decent size deck. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 134
As suggested go to the Cope website and look at the models. My connection had a 26 by 10.5 put together which is the same hull I believe as is used by Fishyboy at Qualicum Rivers. Very good sea boats.

You can actually phone Bruce Cope and discuss your hull dimensions. His website only shows a few of his designs. I had one rough designed before I had my Northwest built. Walker in Coombs is building Cope designs in his shop. Right now most decent alloy builders in BC are booking up to 2 years away so a Cope design may be your only shorter time frame option.

I almost ordered the Winter Harbour model from Bruce a few years ago but got 2 footitis and now am at 27 by 9.5. You never mentioned your usage patterns. Are you looking for a day boat with a cabin or just an open back style?

I almost ordered the Winter Harbour model from Bruce a few years ago but got 2 footitis and now am at 27 by 9.5. You never mentioned your usage patterns. Are you looking for a day boat with a cabin or just an open back style?

Day boat, generally take the family. No use for a cuddy, I have one now and we never use it other then storage. We use the boat for fishing 99% of the time. We fish in the winter on Kootenay lake, so a close cabin with heat is nice. Always seems to rain when we are at the coast too, haha. I will have to sacrifice deck space alittle for a cabin on a 22-23ft boat to keep my wife/kids comfortable when on the water.
If I ever take overnight trips down the road, I'm think I could get an enclosure on the deck and use a cot... That would be a long way down the road tho.
A 27' would be sweet, but it not in the budget at this time and being able to trailer with the camper on my truck is a must.

I talked to lifetimer last Thursday, they are suppose to send me a price breakdown of the 2200. I've also been researching companies that build cope designs as well. Lots of info, but having trouble finding reviews of the winter harbour 23' model.

Thanks for all the info, I'll keep digging!

Mat

Planer diesel heater is your ticket for heat. Not crazy expensive to buy but will keep your cabin and windows toasty. Can burn on kerosine too. You need something in an alloy boat.

Keep in mind 18-20” of the length of the boat is engine pod. Included in over all length.
My Lifetimmer 2050 lost 18” to pod and another 18” in transom.....dressed out as 17’6”
boat.
Loved the boat mind you.

I took a look at the 2200 and also the 21 Phantom from Silver Streak http://www.silverstreakboats.com/boats/21-phantom-special-edition/ but never got close to a Sea-trial, when I priced them out with a trailer and the basics. There is a nice 24 foot welded aluminum hard top for sale on Vancouver Island Boats for Sale on Facebook for sale with 2XF115 which might be had for about 1/2 price of a new one with taxes, if you negotiate hard.

On the 115X2 it would put you at about 744 lbs before adding the dual controls/battery cables, where a F200 would put you at 487 lbs a better power to weight ratio and save you a lot of $, possibly add a good high thrust kicker with a good remote control option and still come out ahead on $, performance, trolling and ability to get home in the unlikely event of a failure of the main.

Last edited:
Back