Vancouver Boat Show Jan 17-21st

Lots of deals to be had today. Harbour chandler, PNT and Andrew P got my orders of the day.

Too bad harbour chandler didn’t have any trophy titan rods, but I bought a okuma North Pacific from PNT that I will try out.

Attachments

• 106DE869-0FF5-44A9-AF36-600F7EB1BC7A.jpeg
    106DE869-0FF5-44A9-AF36-600F7EB1BC7A.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 127
Some interesting things to see this year...
Finally got to see a Seven Marine OB live. As well as the duo prop 350 Suzuki. No Oxe this year?
Shockwave is pumping product at a lot of the boat dealers and others on the ring.
Seakeeper gyros look very kool if, you got the dough, but looks like a good investment for any WCVI operation.
Lots of great high tech ideas available and coming.
Great to see the usual suspects and get/give heads up.
One glaring omission was the lack of foiling tech at the sailing booths. Maybe it was on the water.
Always worth the trip. Missed G'ville Island due to absolute horrible weather.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bW9RjaxlODzjdNMn1

hahaha ya my Suzuki guy was trying to up grade me to the 350 at the show ..... Maybe my next up grade in 4 years.... mind u I did say if they want to do a straight trade across the board and free installation we could make it work :)

I think I was fairly reserved. The better half watched me like a hawk, but encouraged me to get two more AP spoons (3" Sandlance and 4" herring). So I can't complain too much.

Awesome to talk to the peetz guy (never got his name) , @AndrewP, and the whole HC crew.

+1 on the Steveston marine comment. Not organized or helpful.

Made it there today. Grabbed a few things but not too much as my wife held onto my wallet and ID so there aren’t any credit checks going on lol .... some nice boats but man I just couldn’t pay $250k for a new boat

Spent 2 days there. Really enjoyed the presentations on Sounders by Wayne Richey, one on swim baits by Bill Vonbrendel and a great chat with Tom Davis on how he fished his bait heads.

Coolest new boat was an aluminum Lighthouse 264. Really nice finishing and some cool design features such as fold out seats and well engineering doors in both side and stern. Check it out.

Left lighter by a few g’s for parts for new boat.

Been in there a 100's of times. Probably spent tens of thousands of $. The people there have no clue who I am nor care. They couldn't give a ****. Great business model though. Treat clients like **** and mark up everything 100%+. Not many business's can do that and survive. Where do I sign up.

I ve been in there and somehow thought they closed for the day and locked me in there the service was so bad. It’s depressing

I think I was fairly reserved. The better half watched me like a hawk, but encouraged me to get two more AP spoons (3" Sandlance and 4" herring). So I can't complain too much.

Awesome to talk to the peetz guy (never got his name) , @AndrewP, and the whole HC crew.

+1 on the Steveston marine comment. Not organized or helpful.

His name is Marc Hoelscher - got his card. Picked up the 5 for six deal on spoons he had. Can't wait to try the Hookum up against my go to Skinny G side by side winter fishing the bottom. But the deadliest spoon I think will be the Holy Roller which looks like it will give a perfect anchovy roll. Add a little smelly jelly and the fish won't know what hit 'em. Should be a great option or backup when anchovy time rolls around. Pun intended. Will update as I try them out.

Also very pleased with the swim bait from Lighthouse Lures bought at HC - these should be the last things a few lings will see before they end up on my BBQ.

x2 on that lighthouse 264SF boat. I think I spent a few hours on that thing over the course of my 3 days attending. New boat to the west coast so will be nice to get some real reviews after a few guys have done sea trials or bought them and used them in the chuck for a bit. Loved the layout and fold out seats as you mentioned @Redfisher.

All in all a good show with a few new offerings as there seem to be each year. Aluminum boats continue to take over the show and the pricing on them has been climbing pretty drastically in the past few years.... especially on the factory boats that typically aren't of greatest quality. I guess someone's buying em tho.

Spent 2 days there. Really enjoyed the presentations on Sounders by Wayne Richey, one on swim baits by Bill Vonbrendel and a great chat with Tom Davis on how he fished his bait heads.

Coolest new boat was an aluminum Lighthouse 264. Really nice finishing and some cool design features such as fold out seats and well engineering doors in both side and stern. Check it out.

Left lighter by a few g’s for parts for new boat.

I really REALLY liked the 30' Cutwater with the dual 300s. I actually went to the show to look at the Merry Fisher 895 again and was kind of dissapointed with it after seeing the Cutwater for the first time. The only thing I absolutely HATED about it was the god awful pinstriped upholstery and blue floor stickers. It's like they have an 85 year old colorblind guy with a bad sense of humor designing it. So yah, that's my new 10 year goal :rolleyes:

merry fisher was horrible, thin glass, poor fasteners everywhere, plastic thruhulls... looked and felt like cheap bayliner

merry fisher was horrible, thin glass, poor fasteners everywhere, plastic thruhulls... looked and felt like cheap bayliner
I don't own a Merry Fisher so talk all the **** you like to about them but the Bayliner comment, OUCH! (not disagreeing but still). :(

Back