Somebody's day on the water ended abruptly...

crazy. you have to watch out for those Americans in the big boats. lol. Canadians too.

Last edited:
That was intense! The last guy barely made it out. The boat looks to be okay though, that should buff out.

Wow, and reading some of the responses is even more incredible.

Someone on there blaming the stationary boat captain for not attempting to move his vessel. Yikes.

That has happened here off Victoria too a few years back.

Wow,
And that's why you should always wear a lifejacket, pfd regardless of sea conditions or whether you are moving or stationary...
**** happens...

Really scary. I hope this never happens to any of us in our local waters (or anywhere for that matter). And yes, reinforces my habit of always wearing my life jacket!!

Ten years ago something like this nearly got me when fishing close to home. Luck and some good boating skills from the boat that came close saved the day. That incident caused a bit of an uproar but all in all things worked out. The lesson that I learned was to have a "horn in a can" nearby and at the ready on my boat.

Not to hijack but wasn't the Becher bay accident with the Grady white in the fog ? The one off Constance was 2 well known guide boats again in the fog. No one was killed thank god. There's no excuse for the Buoy 10 accident the video should seal the deal.

The one on the bank was not in fog. The boat that got hit saw him coming but thought he was coming over to chat as they were all working a big group of customers. It wasn't until the last minute that the boat that got hit realized he wasn't slowing down and only had time to dive into the cabin out of the way.

In this case with the posted video I think I would rather not have my life jacket on. I would want to be able to jump over and get down below the props. It was lucky the guy running kept a straight heading once it was to late to avoid the collision...it allowed the people in the other boat to jump to starboard with some confidence it would get them out of harms way. Could have been a fatality if he spotted the boat at the last minute and swerved right...

Running on plane coming into the mouth of a river, where there are boats anchored or back trolling off their kicker? no common sense there.

Back