Lucky to live in B.C.

wagonmaster

Avoiding the rain of Vancouver Island for a few weeks and am staying in Hemet near Palm Springs. Visited Diamond Valley Lake today. It is a man made reservoir. Found out that between launch fees, fishing fees, and parking fees, guys around here pay $37 for a day on the lake. A chance to catch striped bass, largemouths, smallmouths, crappie, and trout. Their boats have Nitro written on the side, have huge outboards and have about 6 inches of freeboard. Think speedboat racing on Lake Washington. For gear, they use rods with spinning reals and for bait they use rubber segmented trout 5-8 inches in length. They stock the lake on the 1st work day of every month. Not being critical, just stating my observations, but one thing is for sure, I will never complain about cost or access to fish in beautiful B.C.

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing a couple days ago. I went to one of the many great locations here on the south island a couple days ago for a quick jaunt, 'bout 15min away. After paying my cheap launch fee, I literally turn outside the marina, past the log boom and start getting my riggers and gear out. Boat never got above a few knots the entire day. Within 5min, my portside rod goes off and after a nice little fight, I hoist in a nice 11lbs feeder. After few more passes, I pick up another nice feeder. I figure I burned about $4 of gas, spent $10 on a launch, and fed the shift fresh salmon for dinner the next day. It truly is the best place on earth.

... and the world wants to be here. Fish, forests, minerals... BC real estate. Anywhere there is a buck to be made better run for the nearly logged out hills. Join up... worth fighting to reverse the colonization of BC underway right now.

Back