DR Ball Pouring

RogersonCrusoe

Hi Guys,

I'm sifting through the Father-In-Law's yard and finding a lot of small DR Balls (<10lb) and slide weights that aren't useful to me in their current form.

Was wondering if I pass along the lead and some $ (or equivalent cases of beer, or a portion of lead), that someone could pour a couple of balls (15lb preferred) for me? I'm not sure the total poundage I'll dig up, but it may be sizable.

I'm in Central Saanich, but can transport anywhere in the CRD.
Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

I'm sifting through the Father-In-Law's yard and finding a lot of small DR Balls (<10lb) and slide weights that aren't useful to me in their current form.

Was wondering if I pass along the lead and some $ (or equivalent cases of beer, or a portion of lead), that someone could pour a couple of balls (15lb preferred) for me? I'm not sure the total poundage I'll dig up, but it may be sizable.

I'm in Central Saanich, but can transport anywhere in the CRD.
Thanks in advance
Any idea of the weights? I'm in the market for a couple around 5 lbs for my prawn traps and could use some 2's as well?

Any idea of the weights? I'm in the market for a couple around 5 lbs for my prawn traps and could use some 2's as well?
I'm sure I can rummage up some of either (continuing my dig this weekend). Will be in touch.

theres a guy locally around vancouver that pours the sexiest coated and non coated balls, he also does trade ins for old lead for a small fee. i lost his number but look up downriggerball on instagram and he should pop up, very very reasonable prices and quality product, will try and find his number for you

If you want to make the weights. I’ll lend you the molds.
Trade the use of the equipment for a 15lber
Pm me

Thanks for the PM's guys. I haven't found much time to go through the pile of lead - but I haven't forgot about your offers.
Talk soon.

Have any of you guys that pour tried any kinds of coating or rubber dips? I've used the spray on plasti-dip but don't love the finish. Anyone used anything else?

Back