2018 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Happy New Years Sunshine Coasters!

Looking forward to getting out soon. Boat is getting ready to go into the shop for a tune up and a once over. Haven't been out for winter springs yet at all as December was a busy month for me. This time last year was really good so I'm itching to be out there... water has been glass the last 4 days too and I've been feeling the pull to get on the water.

See you out there peeps!

Well today was a pretty epic day weather wise, as I’m sure it was everywhere around the south coast.
It’s been a pretty good winter in our neck of the woods.
Today it really felt like summer is just around the corner. Fished Trail islands for the first part of the day, lots of bait in all depths. I was running through the gear, hoochies on one side and naked spooons and plugs on the other with kone zone dummy flashers on the other. Lost a decent fish on a speckle back hoochie and released a undersize as well.
Cruised up to Epsom for the remainder of the day. Lots of bait around as well. Got into a lot of action, Released 3 keepers and kept one. Speckle back hoochies and 602 4” tubby where the hot ones.

Looks like we are going to cross on friday from the island to Pender Harbour for the weekend. Of course I'd like to drop a line on the way. Thrasher or Epsom? Or?...

The Garden bay derby is this weekend, and I heard theres a derby out of French Creek this weekend as well - will likely be busy up our way this weekend. Not that there isn't room for one more! Fishing has been relatively slow for me and my friends, hopefully some fish roll in this week.

The Garden bay derby is this weekend, and I heard theres a derby out of French Creek this weekend as well - will likely be busy up our way this weekend. Not that there isn't room for one more! Fishing has been relatively slow for me and my friends, hopefully some fish roll in this week.

Oh nice, that's this weekend; we may just have to enter the Garden Bay Derby! Where are tickets available?

I guess I'll try a little closer to Pender then on friday.

The derby now has one more sponsor and a couple more anglers in it!
The old Garden Bay Pub at the end of Pender Harbour is buy in. You need to be there by 4 pm. I believe the angler buy in is 125 per guy. Your boat will go in the Calcutta, it goes up for bid. If it’s a Grady or Pursuit or a nice aluminum you have to buy your boat for anything around 500 to 1000! Winning fish with your Calcutta is usually around 18,000 cash!
See ya there!

Back