wow way off topic thread

so - no - you really have no idea then, bones - and won't admit the contradiction. Thought so. Typical. I can see why you wouldn't want to have that debate on a thread you thought might instead exonerate FFs.

Last edited:
Here's some more info on FFs and environmental assessments - UNLIKE other industries - FFs, do not trigger an environmental assessment under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA 2012). The reason?

Environmental assessments under the CEAA 2012 are conducted of proposed projects that are “designated” in regulations (the Regulations Designating Physical Activities). These regulations focus on major activities that have the potential to cause significant adverse environmental effects in areas of federal jurisdiction. Aquaculture projects are not included in the regulations.

Anyone want to take a guess as to how that happened??

The regulations can be viewed on the Justice Canada website at: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2012-147/index.html

However, CEAA 2012 gives the Minister of the Environment the authority to require an environmental assessment of a project not identified in regulations if there is the potential for environmental effects in areas of federal jurisdiction or public concerns about such environmental effects.

Last edited:
You do know that this thread was about right? Trolling and a hijack, you can start your own thread about the environment and your concerns........wow

Fish farm objects, but Washington state says it’s over for Atlantic salmon pens at Port Angeles
Cooke Aquaculture says the license termination by the state Department of Natural Resources results from a “misunderstanding,” but the state says the decision is final.

“The decision by Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz to terminate the lease is final. DNR will work cooperatively with Cooke Aquaculture Pacific to dismantle the facility in a safe and appropriate manner.”
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-port-angeles-atlantic-salmon-farm-is-final/

Yes it is amazing that if we want that industry gone there is a simple way to do it, just like our friends to the south just did. Boom your done.

Fish farm objects, but Washington state says it’s over for Atlantic salmon pens at Port Angeles
Cooke Aquaculture says the license termination by the state Department of Natural Resources results from a “misunderstanding,” but the state says the decision is final.

“The decision by Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz to terminate the lease is final. DNR will work cooperatively with Cooke Aquaculture Pacific to dismantle the facility in a safe and appropriate manner.”
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-port-angeles-atlantic-salmon-farm-is-final/

"Sorry Sir, we miscalculated your taxes and you actually didn't owe near as much as we thought, but we will keep it anyway"

Yes it is amazing that if we want that industry gone there is a simple way to do it, just like our friends to the south just did. Boom your done.
lol, what does this have to do with the original post? Shutting down a farm because the are operating a expired system,
WOW you got em now GLG lmao again, anything to add to post number one?

It's simple bones ..... we need to clear a path for migrating salmon and here is a solution to do that. I could care less what Dunn thinks, after all it's his job to represent that industry. We have seen these PR types come and go and frankly we will be here long after he is gone.

if you don't care what dunn thinks then...START YOUR OWN THREAD. stop changing the subject . its easy click "new thread" enter a subject then make your point in the body. you can argue with people thee if you wish and it will be on the subject............ its simple glg........

If you don't like the heat in the kitchen - what is that saying now?

Anyways, if you don't wish feedback bones - you could start your own blog - call it "Vivian talks" or "positive aquaculture awareness" or something warm and fuzzy - like the fuzz on the side of a farmed fish.

mmmm kitchen you say fatty farmed fish soooo yummmy

If you don't like the heat in the kitchen - what is that saying now?

Anyways, if you don't wish feedback bones - you could start your own blog - call it "Vivian talks" or "positive aquaculture awareness" or something warm and fuzzy - like the fuzz on the side of a farmed fish.
also AA keep it up, as you well know Spop ws given a life long IP band for trolling just like you and glg are doing right here right now............

if you don't care what dunn thinks then...START YOUR OWN THREAD. stop changing the subject . its easy click "new thread" enter a subject then make your point in the body. you can argue with people thee if you wish and it will be on the subject............ its simple glg........

You posted a newspaper article and I poster one back seems on topic to me since you said you didn't want to talk about science....:)

also AA keep it up, as you well know Spop ws given a life long IP band for trolling just like you and glg are doing right here right now............

AA is an admin bones, best be on your best behavior

What... how do you know this?

Lmao again..... I haven't said anything regarding my own original post. Lol too funny.
I posted a comment from a scientist person. I think I basically says I'm tired of being told I'm not doing my job......
Lol.... So AA, you have attacked the fish farms openly many times. Do you have any numbers or can you point us in the direction to where the numbers are? Look at it this way. Scientific people have been studying this for 30 years and millions of dollars been spent and still nothing. If 80% of smolts are dying to seals. How much is left for the farms to kill? How is it wild salmon runs not exposed to fish farms are dwindling (shhhhh, there's no farms in nootka sound, lol)? Can you really sit there and argue that we should keep spending millions of dollars on something that after 30 years of studying has produced nothing?
Lol, you starting to realize the lost cause and grasping at anything. Environmental studies, sewage, bottom loading, fuel spills, escaped fish, etc.....

Your comment above, impact studies has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk about environmental issues then start your own thread and please stop hijacking or changing the subject......
Actually, you posted a comment from the ED of the BCSFA who, I believe, has a background in journalism and communications and not in science.

BTW, bones, and while I have your attention, you never did answer my question on a previous thread. You said salmon farms were relocated due to sea lice concerns. I asked if you could name one salmon farm in BC that was relocated due to sea lice concerns.

Back