2017 Campbell River Reports

Sat 2nd .Moriarty pt northside 7-9 am ,no luck .Boats were running to greensea .9-12 green sea bay to how island ,pinks on the surface everywhere and larger boats driving trollers off shore line by stopping ahead of you to spin cast.managed one pink 15ft deep on a pink kripple k.25 boats there and no nets out.5-8 moriarty pt,lost my favorite 602 tubby 5 on a big strike.Sunday 7-10:30 greensea hung around how island with a large pod of porpoises then back to the trappers cabin ,5 boats one spring seen caught in the boat beside us.no pinks showing like the day before.One pink on pink buzz bomb trolled .nothing to show for trolling two white 2 plugs in towo days.11-12 granite pt ,grabbed our lings and back to camp.Main line is full of softball size blasted rock as they rebuilt road ,bring 2-3 spare tires,witnessed 4 trucks with flats.

Sat 2nd .Moriarty pt northside 7-9 am ,no luck .Boats were running to greensea .9-12 green sea bay to how island ,pinks on the surface everywhere and larger boats driving trollers off shore line by stopping ahead of you to spin cast.managed one pink 15ft deep on a pink kripple k.25 boats there and no nets out.5-8 moriarty pt,lost my favorite 602 tubby 5 on a big strike.Sunday 7-10:30 greensea hung around how island with a large pod of porpoises then back to the trappers cabin ,5 boats one spring seen caught in the boat beside us.no pinks showing like the day before.One pink on pink buzz bomb trolled .nothing to show for trolling two white 2 plugs in towo days.11-12 granite pt ,grabbed our lings and back to camp.Main line is full of softball size blasted rock as they rebuilt road ,bring 2-3 spare tires,witnessed 4 trucks with flats.
Sorry to hear about your tubby. Interesting trip. We caught and released a 10 or so lb. coho on the fourth of September at deep water. Tried to turn him into a chum but no success. Lol

Fished deepwater today, pretty slow for us.One undersized spring 7 pounds?? Saw one other fish released. Should have hit greensea . Thought there would be some chums around but never saw a fish jump or a net out

Fished the green to red can today. There was about 20 boats out on a beauty day on the water. Saw a few nets out some did ok I think. No keepers for me. Kept changing depths and lures to keep away from all the shakers. Tons of bait showing. Kreel girl said not much came in lately. Think I might do Browns bay next weekend.

7A35D6B3-15D5-4FC1-9415-9D8ADB2C4D8C.jpeg 3E54994E-F611-48A8-9B18-435F8450C29F.jpeg Heading out for my last fish of 2017, any recent reports? Out a couple days ago and lost one and one undersized. Little snowy

Back