Questions on fishing BC

Straight from the regs. "Only a Canadian resident may fish for halibut under an electronic licence in Areas 121, 23 and 123. Non-residents wishing to fish and retain halibut in Areas 121, 23 and 123, must obtain their licence from a licence vendor in Canada (Independent Access Provider). "
If it's salmon only, you can do that online.

If it were me I would just run your boat across to the nearest port of call, clear customs, grab a fishing license and fish north. You have a fuel stop in Victoria Inner Harbour and can clear customs there. Next fuel stop is Pedder Bay Marina, Beacher Bay Marina, Sooke Harbour at Sunny Shores than Port Renfrew. On the way to Barkley Sound you can head off shore and fish Swiftsure. Than it's a bit of a haul to Bamfield. Once in Barkley Sound there is lots of fuel and places to fish all the way to Tofino. Lots of good off shore fishing there as well. Once in the sound lots of good anchorage spot

There are very few places that will still sell a license in person since BC went to a mostly online system a few years ago. I run up to Stillwater Sports in Ladner each spring to buy mine. They are good guys and I'm happy to spend some extra $'s to help keep them in business.

Back