Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good quality chances last night just could put them away... anyone know anything about the center the Nucks acquired last night from LA ?

Nic Dowd played 4 years of college hockey in the US, then three years in the AHL, never much of a scorer , 6 goals for LA last year, 23 goals in 140 AHL games, but some decent size (6'2"). I guess they wanted some forward depth and decided to finally gave up on Subban.

I thought we would miss Horvat but I didn't think it would be too big of a difference. After watching last nights game I think he is more valuable than given credit for (even though he's likely our best player). The top line was nothing and the Flyers were able to shut down the Sedins without much problem. Could be a tough 6 weeks, we'll see.

C

an never have too many defensemen as they all get injured at some time

True statement...but they have to be able to play at the NHL level. Unfortunately, some guys just can't ever seem to elevate their game past the AHL level. Given that Travis Green was his coach in Utica, I am assuming he didn't believe Subban could make the transition, so they moved him to another organization who might give him a chance and grabbed a forward who has shown he can compete and put up some 3rd/4th line numbers, albeit in limited action in the Show.

True statement...but they have to be able to play at the NHL level. Unfortunately, some guys just can't ever seem to elevate their game past the AHL level. Given that Travis Green was his coach in Utica, I am assuming he didn't believe Subban could make the transition, so they moved him to another organization who might give him a chance and grabbed a forward who has shown he can compete and put up some 3rd/4th line numbers, albeit in limited action in the Show.
I think Pouliot made Subban expendable

I think Pouliot made Subban expendable

Completely agree. The analytics show he is their best d-man at exiting his own zone and he is starting to put up points, but you don't need analytics to see this guy can handle the puck and make great transition passes. Maybe Subban will get the chance to prove the same thing in LA, like Pouliot is getting in Van.

Just thought i would drop in to see how my hockey buddies are doing on SFBC. GO NUCKS GO, is the December slide happening already :eek:, hey did my Leafs play last night :D (that one was for FishT)

Just thought i would drop in to see how my hockey buddies are doing on SFBC. GO NUCKS GO, is the December slide happening already :eek:, hey did my Leafs play last night :D (that one was for FishT)
My whole season was made when the Canucks beat the Leafs.

Hey u wouldn't happen to have a spare leg u could give Horvat so we can get him back quicker :rolleyes:;):D
Ha ha funny guy, no only found the one on the beach in JR and the coroner has it now;)

What can I say?

Attachments

• 4BEA36AF-F812-42E8-95CF-1353C623C9B2.png
    4BEA36AF-F812-42E8-95CF-1353C623C9B2.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back