Trophy tyee QR reels question

Kinetic

I see Outfitters has on the Trophy Tyee QR reel for $259.99 and wanted opinions on the reel.
I'm used to using Daiwa M ones and Shimano 2000's for downrigger fishing. Will this reel be a big improvement. Is that a good deal at the price or do you think it'll be on cheaper at boxing day elsewhere.
Any other suggestions at this price point.
Thanks

I have seen them as low as 249.99 at Harbour Chandler and Trotac in recent sales, don't recall seeing them cheaper than that. They're good bang for the buck IMO. Ask @wolf about them, he uses them on his guide boat where they see heavy usage, he has nice things to say about them.

I have had two for several years. Zero issues / used all year. Love trophys bigger handles. Bought one from HC on a special sale for under $200, catch being the ugly green colour....still catches lots of fish!

Great reel for price point , ive done quite a few modifications to make them even more user friendly for new people using single action reels. im coming up to year 12 now on a pair i bought with out ever replacing a bearing or anything not bad id say.
If you do get them ill show you and tweek them up for you . Just pm me...

Good luck Wolf

Thanks everyone for the comments. Looks like I'll wait for boxing day and hope I can pick one up on a sale.

Put the reels to the test this past summer and got to learn the drags on them which are way more sensitive then other drags ,you don't have to
turn the drag knob as much to set the drag tight or loose ,kind of weird in the beginning but once you get used to it there great. those big rubber paddle
handles are a game changer.

I have 1 Trophy Tyee QR and for some reason the real jams against the rod holder, Dont have this problem with the 2 islanders or the shimano i have.

I have 3 of the tyee xl’s and I really like them. I just got two off of ebay.ca for $200.00 each brand new, plus no tax. He seems to have one after another posted on there so I just messages him and asked for a buy it now for $200.00 each... They have the soft paddles too!

Attachments

• 27ED3F07-E349-4C8E-96C3-38E9E62A06C6.png
    27ED3F07-E349-4C8E-96C3-38E9E62A06C6.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Back