Atlantic salmon blood through an effluent pipe - directly into Brown’s Bay

Lol..... This thread is funny enough without me. Here your bitching about a plant what..... dumping untreated fish waste... Lol

Meanwhile..... Metro Vancouver dumps raw sewage into burrard inlet everytime in rains to hard, how many fish die because of this? Here we are fixing the problem by building a new north shore sewage plant, but only to level 2, so more medical waste will continue to be pumped into burrard inlet...... How many people here are picketing to have tier 1 level built???? None lol..... Carry on
The two wrongs make a right defence. Think back to what your parents told you about that.

The two wrongs make a right defence. Think back to what your parents told you about that.
Two-wrongs-dont-make-a-right-but-they-make-a-good-excuse..jpg

In the end the question is not are Fish Farms killing wild salmon with their sea lice and disease, but how many are they killing...10%, 30% 60% or more???
As Bones has said many times "where is the proof" of dead wild salmon.
We have seen dead Fish Farm Atlantic's though
Ya basically..... How much do they offend and what runs? You would help your argument by providing this information?
I'm probably wrong but what where the numbers? 239 samples and 9 infected smolts which is what? .039% infection....NOT DEATH. now how many died? Pretty big question.

Sure but look at the amount of offence and one can be fixed just as easy as the other..... Did you sign the petition? No...... O well

Sure but look at the amount of offence and one can be fixed just as easy as the other..... Did you sign the petition? No...... O well
Well maybe I'm wrong about the 2 wrongs make a right excuse you're trying on us.
Could it be the "look squirrel" then?

Lol..... This thread is funny enough without me. Here your bitching about a plant what..... dumping untreated fish waste... Lol

Meanwhile..... Metro Vancouver dumps raw sewage into burrard inlet everytime in rains to hard, how many fish die because of this? Here we are fixing the problem by building a new north shore sewage plant, but only to level 2, so more medical waste will continue to be pumped into burrard inlet...... How many people here are picketing to have tier 1 level built???? None lol..... Carry on

Very "Trumpish" lol, supporter perhaps? Russia is a hoax.....

Lol....... See funny

Bones's abscence on this thread says a lot even he can't defend this.

I get called out so i reply with nothing really. Now I'm being compared to Trump.... Lol.
You not getting it....... One company discharges waste, but its ok for 250,000 people to discharge thier disease and viruses. They have no choice you'll argue, but they do..... They are building a new plant but only to the min level. My few words were to show a bit of perspective, that's all...... Carry on

This is awesome..... AA threatens to **** down my throat and burn down my house. The next guy wishes ill fait to me and family and future grand children. Then calls me a 5 year old. Now lol I'm a trump supporter.......this **** IS well FUNNY.

.. AA threatens to **** down my throat and burn down my house. ...
You may wish to re-read my previous posts, bones. If you had any interest at all in being accurate and honest - that is.

Last edited:
It's more apparent that as ever increasing information and evidence about the negative impacts of net pen fish farms comes out we will see fish farm supporters become more desperate and deflective in their defense of the industry they choose to defend - mildly amusing, but also kinda sad at the same time.

They are not unlike the defenders of oil, mining, fast food, tobacco, sugar, pharmaceuticals, industrial agriculture, etc. We should support their exercise of free speech, but we should support much more those that are working hard to reduce the negative impacts of humans and the environment we all need to survive from the powerful, "profits before people" corporations.

It's more apparent that as ever increasing information and evidence about the negative impacts of net pen fish farms comes out we will see fish farm supporters become more desperate and deflective in their defense of the industry they choose to defend - mildly amusing, but also kinda sad at the same time.

They are not unlike the defenders of oil, mining, fast food, tobacco, sugar, pharmaceuticals, industrial agriculture, etc. We should support their exercise of free speech, but we should support much more those that are working hard to reduce the negative impacts of humans and the environment we all need to survive from the powerful, "profits before people" corporations.
Same question? No answer? Just a deflection?

Yes Bones it's a LOL for you but the rest of us are not laughing. Seems that this issue is being taken more seriously than our friends of fish farms are willing to admit.

https://www.leg.bc.ca/documents-dat...parliament/2nd-session/20171129pm-House-Blues
MONITORING OF
FISH PROCESSING PLANTS AND
PROTECTION OF WILD SALMON

S. Furstenau: Speaking of charades, under the previous government, despite population growth and increased resource activity, our environmental protection in this province — monitoring and enforcement capacity — was crippled by budget and staff cuts. They found fewer infractions because they weren't looking. Earlier this session, we spoke about illegal dams being built in B.C. without government permitting or oversight, a case where a citizen spoke up to identify problems that the government wouldn't.

[1410]

This week another concerned British Columbian, Tavish Campbell, has stepped forward — this time with videos of blood pouring out of underwater pipes. The blood, he has told us, is coming from farmed salmon and is contaminated with piscine reovirus, a potential risk to our wild salmon stocks.

While I appreciate the Minister of Environment's immediate response to the videos, we need a government that works to proactively protect our environment, not one that waits for the public to prove that we've got a problem.

My question is to the Minister of Environment. Mr. Campbell dove at two out of the 109 fish processing plants in B.C. Is the minister going to expand his review to cover every plant that releases effluent into wild salmon habitat to ensure it's not contaminated, or will Mr. Campbell need to keep testing the bloodwater?

Hon. G. Heyman: Thank you to the member for the question. I also want to thank Tavish Campbell for bringing this issue to the attention of the government and the public of B.C. and Canada. It is important. To view that video is visceral, and I had the same reaction that British Columbians and Canadians did: what is going on here?

So I looked into it, and I found out that under the previous government, the last inspection of this fish processing plant was in 2013. And despite the fact that the plant was out of compliance at that inspection, no further inspection took place.

No further inspection took place. So I dug a little further. We have over 7,000 permits to inspect and a handful of inspectors to do it. Notwithstanding that, I've asked inspectors to go to the Brown's Bay processing plant. I've asked them to inspect what's going on there. We will review the samples that were taken by Mr. Campbell, and if we need greater certainty, we will take additional simples.

The permits for Brown's Bay are being reviewed. They are three decades old. The conditions on them are three decades old. We will be reviewing the conditions to ensure they meet the expectations of British Columbians that nothing — nothing — goes into our ocean that has contaminants or pathogens, that it's clean, and that we protect wild salmon in British Columbia. We will apply those conditions to all the permits for fish processing plants in British Columbia, because we're here to protect wild salmon, the 10,000 jobs that depend on them, and the Indigenous people who depend on them for food.

Yes Bones it's a LOL for you but the rest of us are not laughing. Seems that this issue is being taken more seriously than our friends of fish farms are willing to admit.

https://www.leg.bc.ca/documents-dat...parliament/2nd-session/20171129pm-House-Blues
MONITORING OF
FISH PROCESSING PLANTS AND
PROTECTION OF WILD SALMON

S. Furstenau: Speaking of charades, under the previous government, despite population growth and increased resource activity, our environmental protection in this province — monitoring and enforcement capacity — was crippled by budget and staff cuts. They found fewer infractions because they weren't looking. Earlier this session, we spoke about illegal dams being built in B.C. without government permitting or oversight, a case where a citizen spoke up to identify problems that the government wouldn't.

[1410]

This week another concerned British Columbian, Tavish Campbell, has stepped forward — this time with videos of blood pouring out of underwater pipes. The blood, he has told us, is coming from farmed salmon and is contaminated with piscine reovirus, a potential risk to our wild salmon stocks.

While I appreciate the Minister of Environment's immediate response to the videos, we need a government that works to proactively protect our environment, not one that waits for the public to prove that we've got a problem.

My question is to the Minister of Environment. Mr. Campbell dove at two out of the 109 fish processing plants in B.C. Is the minister going to expand his review to cover every plant that releases effluent into wild salmon habitat to ensure it's not contaminated, or will Mr. Campbell need to keep testing the bloodwater?

Hon. G. Heyman: Thank you to the member for the question. I also want to thank Tavish Campbell for bringing this issue to the attention of the government and the public of B.C. and Canada. It is important. To view that video is visceral, and I had the same reaction that British Columbians and Canadians did: what is going on here?

So I looked into it, and I found out that under the previous government, the last inspection of this fish processing plant was in 2013. And despite the fact that the plant was out of compliance at that inspection, no further inspection took place.

No further inspection took place. So I dug a little further. We have over 7,000 permits to inspect and a handful of inspectors to do it. Notwithstanding that, I've asked inspectors to go to the Brown's Bay processing plant. I've asked them to inspect what's going on there. We will review the samples that were taken by Mr. Campbell, and if we need greater certainty, we will take additional simples.

The permits for Brown's Bay are being reviewed. They are three decades old. The conditions on them are three decades old. We will be reviewing the conditions to ensure they meet the expectations of British Columbians that nothing — nothing — goes into our ocean that has contaminants or pathogens, that it's clean, and that we protect wild salmon in British Columbia. We will apply those conditions to all the permits for fish processing plants in British Columbia, because we're here to protect wild salmon, the 10,000 jobs that depend on them, and the Indigenous people who depend on them for food.

riddle me this.....can a commercial fish processor at a resort dump strait in? or do they have to treat first?

Back