Shearwater to rivers inlet

albernifisher

Planning our next year's adventures. Has anyone ran from shearwater to rivers inlet? We're thinking about staying at shearwater resort for a couple days and then fish our way to rivers inlet for a few days

I have ran from Hardy to Cultus Sound to Rivers and then back to Hardy. Also ran from Rivers to Cultus and back.

What info are you looking for? Pretty easy run. Normally I stop along the way to fish a bit at Hakai or just to sightsee. If fishing was good around Shearwater I personally would not be inclined to run down.

You can get fuel either at Duncaby’s or Dawson’s at Rivers.

If you can’t figure out an inner route to Hakai from Shearwater let me know and I can send you the route I use. Be careful as some channels that look wider than others may have more rocks so the smaller deeper channels are better.

use the weather reports from the West Sea Otter buoy. #46204. when we crossed in our sailboat, we overnighted at Nigel island. Some sailors cross over to the Broughtons, overnight it, before the run North.

Easy run. You can run through inside passages all the way down past Hakai and then A short easy passage across into the mouth of Rivers. I would be more inclined to fish Milbanke, Spider Island or even Hakai as all the fish pass by there anyways. Are u running up from Hardy or coming out from Bella Coola?

Easy run. You can run through inside passages all the way down past Hakai and then A short easy passage across into the mouth of Rivers. I would be more inclined to fish Milbanke, Spider Island or even Hakai as all the fish pass by there anyways. Are u running up from Hardy or coming out from Bella Coola?
We were talking about taking the ferry to shearwater and at the end of the trip well run the boat back to hardy

We were talking about taking the ferry to shearwater and at the end of the trip well run the boat back to hardy
Why waste money on the ferry? I would run up and back on the boat. Not a problem at all if the weather is decent. I have ran in the crap from Pine to Egg Island as I was being impatient but not recommended. Feel free to hit me up via PM for any questions.

Why waste money on the ferry? I would run up and back on the boat. Not a problem at all if the weather is decent. I have ran in the crap from Pine to Egg Island as I was being impatient but not recommended. Feel free to hit me up via PM for any questions.

Totally agree. Same PM if you have questions.

I agree with the above. In your sweet boat that run won’t be a problem if you have flexibility / time for weather windows. I can’t remember your fuel capacity from your rebuild thread but I think it was pretty good?
You could also troll the whole way and probably hit fish everywhere!

Back