Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were never asked
They have stated publicly that they intend to finish their careers in Vancouver so maybe that’s why management didn’t ask publicly ?

Who knows what happens behind the scenes I sure don’t

Gee, was that the Canucks that won 4 games of a 5 game road trip?? ;)

Looks like there are enough marginal players on the team playing for a new coach/ their future.

I like it, lots of hunger and decent balance. Wasnt expecting a mona lisa at the tail of a 5 game roadie. Nice 'road win'.

Feels good, but I remember last year, 4 wins. row to start the year, followed by 9L's.

Looks like there are enough marginal players on the team playing for a new coach/ their future.

I like it, lots of hunger and decent balance. Wasnt expecting a mona lisa at the tail of a 5 game roadie. Nice 'road win'.

Feels good, but I remember last year, 4 wins. row to start the year, followed by 9L's.
He’s a way better coach than Willie was. Got them playing a structured team game

A bit early to say that Green is a better coach than Desjardins. Willie was 20 games over .500 in his first season coaching the nucks.

Willie has won at every level as a head coach, memorial cup and the Calder Cup in the AHL. He's now Canada's Men's olympic team head coach. They don't give that job away without thought.

I just think Willie fell into the trap of not adjusting to the speed game of the curent nhl. And rode the old dogs too hard while not allowing the young guys a chance to make mistakes in order to grow.

Further, I'm not sure that ownership wasn't telling Willie what strings to pull and not to pull.

Last edited:
Fun hockey to watch for now and seem to have enough depth that when one goes down they don't seem to miss a beat....

Combination of the Canucks bringing it, and the Capitals mailing it in. Roxy Effect or something going on last night.

They sure don't look like the Caps of the last 5-6 years. I wonder if the 'window' has closed for them.

lol...funny how that Roxy brings down so many teams :) :) would agree Caps look like the tort's lead nucks from 3 years ago....

Another great effort last night...love what in seeing so far..aggressive take to them hockey.... Marksturm played great ...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back