Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t find it on tv!

It’s bs that I have to stream it to watch

42 shots:eek: your goalie is going to weight about a buck fifty by the end of the season, kind of reminds me of the Leafs in their hay day :p:D Derby you should have went with your old standby 3-2, except for the other guys!!

boy was the arena ever empty for that game yikes. Looked like a game in Carolina lol. Its going to be a long season!!

boy was the arena ever empty for that game yikes. Looked like a game in Carolina lol. Its going to be a long season!!
Yeah I noticed that too-also some lies posted somewhere about attendance numbers but the truth was right there in front of you- the place was a ghost town.

Last edited:
Another empty house.. Saturday night tho...Bening won't last long ....I hope!

ya I think the Winnipeg crowed was noisier :)

They were Cheering Nick Ehlers scoring his 5th goal of the year, a guy the Canucks (Benning) passed over for Jake Virtanen. Obvious why the Canucks are terrible/boring. The highlight of the Canuck season was the game one win over Edmonton, its all downhill from here until it mercifully ends in April.

As I have been saying for many seasons on this forum. The Nucks will not have a competitive team until they quit relying on the Sedins as the solution. I would trade them at the deadline and rebuild in earnest. It can't be any worse. Just my opinion.;) eman

As I have been saying for many seasons on this forum. The Nucks will not have a competitive team until they quit relying on the Sedins as the solution. I would trade them at the deadline and rebuild in earnest. It can't be any worse. Just my opinion.;) eman
You can't trade someone with a no trade contract that wants to stay.....drop the mic

They are not 'relying' on the Sedins. Check the time on the ice. The twins are getting 3rd line minutes ~14 mins per page. The problem is there is no depth overall. It is what it is, the window closed quickly on the team and they were slow to retool on the go. So here we are.

The Sedin's signed a contract at a discount, with the organization knowing they would be paid 'too high' in the last couple years of the deal but were able to have more cap space in the near term when they made a couple runs.

That being said, I was excited after game one, with the style and pace of the play. It has steadily dropped off since then. Getting hard to watch, like last year.

I'm sure the Twins would have liked (expected) the Canucks wouldn't be relying on them at this point in their careers , but a decade of draft day disasters have left them as one of the thinnest organizations talent wise in the league. Benning was supposed to be the cure to that, but has fared only slightly better than his predecessors. Boeser at least looks like he is an NHL player. Jake Virtanen is not, and Jared McCann has 4 points and is a +3, but not for Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back